Upcoming blues artist Jon Parker aka Arttunea music composer

Upcoming blues artist Jon Parker aka Arttunea music composer

Tell us about yourself and your music


I started playing at a young age, got together with friends and started playing out at parties. went into the Army where

I donated my musical talents to family outings and functions and special events in Texas after my regular workday. then transferred to Germany and started a new band there. came back home and played in Canada, and Detroit with a local band on Weekends, I wrote a hit song at the time called “Bad Medicine”. My musical equipment and guitars were stolen and so was my Hit song. I quit for a long time. I decided to start up again some years later and started collecting more recording equipment from pawn shops and built a custom setup. also certified Electronics tech. I recorded all the instruments in my recordings and I sing. This time all my music is copyrighted. We still have the original poor man’s copyright we filled through the post office but never pursued a lawsuit.


Talk to us more about your latest release


One of my best latest releases is Called “Catastrophe” which is a lonely heart truck driver song which I consider the modern-day cowboy career, I was over the road for some time and decided to go local because of family tensions. so I wrote this song just for the occasion some of my friends thought it was either a Religious song or end of the world type tune. also check out “put it all on me”.



Describe the writing and recording process


I usually sit down with a guitar and find an unusual collection of chords, until I find something unique, I usually have lyrics in mind and write those out in the form. Ill program a drumbeat that matches, then add Bass guitar and piano or organ with back up vocals like lady backup vocals in the song True Love.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


I don’t have times or dates for any touring at this time, my main musicians are out with illnesses. I am currently looking for replacements.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I like to think I’m odd or different, I can do some strange stuff boarding on Blues Jazz combinations, I also played a few years for a church on the guitar, bass, Drums, Piano, and violin. and filled in where needed when someone was missing. but they loved my 300-Year-old violins.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I am a music nut so I always listen to the radio, my favorite artists are Jimmy Hendrix, Stevie Ray, old deep purple, Crazy enough I also listen to classical.


Who are your biggest influences?


all the bands from the ’70s


Tell us about your passions


I am a movie nut, I like time travel movies. anyone know of any good ones? LOL, My original musical motivators were soundtracks for movies. I also like creating things and fixing things, I can fix anything, I am a contractor since the age of 12 in a family business so I learned. roofing, siding vinyl, and aluminum, windows, doors, whole house renovations, That’s how I got my first mini bike, I am a certified home inspector, certified electronics tech, licensed Mechanic, wireman, I used my VA benefits to get educated.


What else is happening next in your world?


I am still driving a truck that belongs to a friend of mine, I had to return a new truck last year to the dealer it didn’t run for 6 months and then we found out the contracts were not legal. that was semi-truck number 6. I am not buying anymore.


Thanks for an awesome interview, arttunea@yahoo.com


 


 


Connect with arttunea@yahoo.com


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.e.parker.7Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arttunea/Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmt-ZeTqne3eLPxxrPh3lYQ




Genres: Blues

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts