The Release of Rhonda High Browne's new single "Stalker"

The Release of Rhonda High Browne's new single

Tell us about yourself and your music


If anyone was to ask me what I love the most in this life, I would say “music.” I remember when I was a little girl my parents bought me a tape recorder for a Christmas present. I loved it so much that I would take it to bed with me every night and sing into it. I loved listening to the radio and learning new songs. Because I was so young, there were times when I would make up words to songs that were not the lyrics of the song. When I got older I started to write and sing my own songs. Music to me is not just something to listen to, but a way of life.


Talk to us more about your latest release


“Stalker,” is the name of my latest release. Writing this song came to me when I’d learned that people would go online to research someone that they may be interested in. So it isn’t necessarily a “bad thing’ you just want to know more a person who you are immediately attracted to. Some may call it “Love at first sight.” The only thing about it is….. it can become a bit too obsessive. But it happens. As long as it isn’t offensive to the other person. So you could call it a love song.


https://music.apple.com/us/album/stalker/1482953121?i=1482953122


What inspired you to write this release?


I noticed that people were casually stalking people all the time. Especially a relationship that went bad and that person wanted to keep tabs on the other person. You know…to find out have they truly moved on. LOL!


Describe the writing and recording process


Writing “Stalker” just seemed to flow, at times, but whenever I came up with a line, the rest just naturally seem to follow for example “Following you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, liking all those comments from a girl named Pam.”  So when I went into the studio to record it, the producer (Keith Stewart) and I were able to put the music together with the attitude of the love obsessiveness. It was a lot of fun!


Any plans to hit the road?


Setting up some tour dates but currently performing locally with R.A.S.P (Recording Artist Showcase Premiere) who are talented recording artists that meet up quarterly to perform their original songs for audiences to hear. I started this group so that artists, such as myself, can perform live and let people hear their original recordings. It’s a great thing!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I really don’t think about the rest of the artists out there when I write a song. My music is a part of me and the thoughts and ideas just manifest themselves at any given time. Mostly my music is something many people can relate to at some time or place in their lives. For example, “Your Daughter Needs You.” It’s about a daughter who does not have her father in her life and how important it is to have him around to help her grow up to become a   secure, confident, responsible mature woman.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I enjoy listening to artists who sing with passion. Artists such as Whitney Houston, Nanette Frank,  Barbara Streisand, John Legend, and a host of others. I like music to put me in a mood or take me out of a mood. If that makes sense. Some instrumentalists such as Kenny G, Smooth Willie Fultz, Curtis Robinson, and others.


Who are your biggest influences?


Whitney Houston, Natalie Cole, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, and the list goes on.


Tell us about your passions


I’m passionate about family, good food, wine,  and people who love music just as much as I do.


What else is happening next in your world?


I would love to continue to promote my music. To write, perform and get as many people as I can to listen to what I have to say. Because I believe if they listen to what I have to say then they can really hear what I’m saying and be able to relate or share with someone who they feel can relate. Just continue to do what I do and that is to write, produce, record and let the world hear and get to know me for themselves.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Rhonda High Browne


 


 


Connect with Rhonda High Browne


Website: http://rhondahighbrowne.com




Genres: R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts