Artist Interview: LiL K.I

Artist Interview: LiL K.I

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Karras West and I’m a music artist (Rapper/Singer) going by the name “LiL K.I” living in Miami,Florida. I’m 17 years old currently in the 11th grade. I’m an independent artist which means I record,mix, and master my own tracks and I also did the same for some local artists and produced.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is called “Not Just A Rapper”. I wasn’t going to release it until I posted a snippet of it on Instagram and my god brother, ricothegod, posted it on his Instagram also, then people at his school was telling him to tell me to drop the song. I didn’t even have the song finished. I only had the hook down. So it took me officially 5 days to actually finish the song. then i drop the song everybody was liking it and recording they self listening to it. Now I have a lot of people asking me to drop a new song. That’s why I came up to start a mix tape called “EBK : Everybody But Karras” to hold people off.


 


https://soundcloud.com/lil-k-i/not-just-a-rapper


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I didn’t actually write the song but a lot of people ask me “Are you a rapper?” and a lot people don’t know I could sing also. Not saying like a Chris Brown type of singer but like an A Boogie Wit The Hoodie. So I just answer the people question in the song to let them know I’m not just a rapper like these other artists. But don’t get this singing stuff twisted I can actually rap and spit bars.


Any plans to release a video?


Soon. Real soon. I’m just waiting for my cameraman also my bro I had went to school with so we can get it started.


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I want to. But I have to come up with the money but in due time it will happen.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I try to switch it up from what other people are doing. But at first I was doing trap music until I wanted to be different from others and start making all types of music.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lil Wayne & Michael Jackson


Tell us about your passions


Really nothing. Music is everything to me.


What else is happening next in your world?


I’m dropping a mix tape for soon and maybe signing to a record label in New York but i’m not going to get into much detail.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Karras!


 




Genres: Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts