Artist Interview: F-Drop

Artist Interview: F-Drop

Tell us about yourself and your music


Born August 5th, 1986 in Cincinnati Ohio ‘F-Drop’ also known as Eric Jones has had a passion for music since the age of 4. Growing up, he listened to numerous genres of music from gospel to hip hop (old and new). His first group was call the ‘EA Brothers’ consisting of his younger brother and two friends who were also brothers. In 1999, he decided to become a hip hop artist and in 2005 became a producer. He has a continuous drive to become greater than the rapper stereotype and set himself apart from most artists and perfecting his abilities as an artist.


Talk to us more about your latest release


The latest release entitled “The Drip: First Dose” was derived from the idea of showcasing versatility with music and out letting creativity. It is part one of a 3 part series. I felt that music has begun to sound the same so I figured this would shake things up a bit.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I wanted to write this release to seize the opportunity to reach potential fans. Anyone who has heard any of my music walks away with at least one song they like, and that’s what matters to me. Different. Unique. Individual. F-Drop


Any plans to release a video?


Yes. There are a few visuals I’m working on currently to release. I just like being creative. I’m thinking there will be about 6 releasing in the next 2 months time.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Later in the year I will be on the road. For now, I’m working on getting the music to the people.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My brand is based on originality, wordplay and building good relationships with people. As an artist, you need as many people involved with what you’re doing as possible so, being personable with the people I meet and interact with, helps in pushing my brand.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Honestly, I’ve been on a 2 month beat binge. No vocals. But if I’m in the car or something, I’ve been playing a little bit of everything from the ojays to jay-z


Tell us about your passions


Just the chance to do something different that day than I did the day before. I’m a lover of life and being happy and exploring your abilities.


What else is happening next in your world?


I have my EP releasing this year, the date hasn’t been announced yet but I’m thinking around my birthday.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Eric!


 


 


Connect with F-Drop


Facebook: https://facebook.com/allthingsdrop

Twitter: https://twitter.com/drop513

YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeBasBLaQKrlqXgm7KL3kCg

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/allthingsdrop

Reverbnation: https://reverberation.com/fdrop




Genres: Hip Hop, Pop, R&B, Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts