Artist Interview: Vonenzo Baschello

Artist Interview: Vonenzo Baschello

Tell us about yourself and your music


Vaughn Cunningham (born 22 September 1987) is my legal name, and I am known by the stage name, Vonenzo Baschello.

I grew up moving from suburb to suburb in the friendly city of Port Elizabeth, which is located on the coast of South Africa.


I am a odd guy, enjoying my time in a home studio, creating the sounds you hear in my music. At the age of seven I knew that I wanted to learn more about music. I watched, listened and also envied the way the occasional Old Apostolic organist, came to practice hymns for the Sunday service


As an aspiring DJ, I have taught myself how to use a Digital Audio Workstation called FL Studio by Image-Line.

While producing electronic music is my passion, I’ve also had to read and learn about music theory on my own for the past 10 years, and taught myself the basics of the music industry, and how to manage social media and a few websites, with no help at all.


Presently I have never performed at any event. I am keeping the best for last.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


My debut album is presently in the making titled Enlightened.

The release date will be announced as soon as it is complete and ready to go public. This album is going to portray my vision of music, and this will open the eyes of my fans to the reason why they waited so long for the release of new music.


I’ve released my first record called “Heaven Bound Techno” independently with CD Baby, and another of my more minimalistic styles of house music called “Time Capsule”, in the STEM file format with Darkmello Recordings.


So far the songs I have released is nothing compared to whats coming.


 


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I have had no inspiration whatsoever, ever since I was exposed to the business side of the music industry. The paperwork reminds me of working at my day job, which is tiring.


Any plans to release a video?


Yes most definitely, and I am psyched. I have been patient for a very long time, and I have a burning desire, it is starting to feel like I want to explode from the inside.


 


Any plans to hit the road?


The plans for a tour is on my mind, and that I keep for last because it will be so much fun.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Its not easy, although there is nobody like me, my brand name is unique, as well as the music, this is not enough. I try though, and financially for an artist with no help from mom or dad(which he went away to buy soap), and anybody else for that matter.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I am a big fan of Hip-hop, RnB, Commercial Dance and Pop music, so you will hear me playing songs by my favorite artists like Drake, ATB, and many others.



Tell us about your passions


Besides the fact that I am the managing director of a recording company, the main reason I get up in the morning because I want to bring about change to this city. I see so many people around where nobody has a smile on their face really.


Other than music I like keeping my place clean, you know the grown up chores, and other than that music is my life. I have no kids no wife so this is all that I do, hustle.



What else is happening next in your world?


I started putting out an ad, searching for talented and versatile singer/songwriter.

Regarding the recording company, I am working on the website.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Vaughn!


 


 


Connect with Vonenzo Baschello


Website: https://www.vonenzobaschello.co.za

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VonenzoBaschello/about

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/VoNenzo

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/VoNenzoStairs

Soundcloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/vonenzobaschello

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/vonenzobaschello




Genres: Ambient, Dance, Electronic, Experimental, Hip Hop, Instrumental, Pop, R&B, Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts