Artist Interview: Hugo Vázquez

Artist Interview: Hugo Vázquez

 


Tell us about yourself and your music


Biography and facts

I am a Spanish composer from Madrid, and performer of electronic music, New Age, Ambient, Classical music and Soundtracks.

Musical Biography

I started getting piano lessons and music theory in the early 90s, as a teenager, left behind several years of training. At that time made some works on the piano.

Later in 2000 through the use of a simple program for computer music composition, I started recording my first classical and electronic compositions.

My main musical style and major influences are: New Age, Ambient, Electronic, World Music, Classical and Soundtracks.

I released my first album “Prometheus Sci·Fi Soundtracks” in 2012, the sequel of this one and also my last released album was “Interstellar: Sci·Fi Soundtracks 2” (2016).

Both available on digital and CD format.

On April 2016 Interstellar album received in L.A. the Award for the Best Instrumental/Ambient EP.

Related Artists and main influences

From my childhood I was inspired by the music of Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, later in the `90s, `00s, Kitaro, Chris Spheeris & Paul Voudouris, and now Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Ramin Djawadi and Thomas Bergersen.


 



Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is Oxygene, a new age, ambient, indie electronic single.

I chose a new harmony for this single, in relation to all my previous works, and I am really satisfied with the final result. You can listen in the main Music platforms.

I invite you to listen to my Music & follow me on Spotify and Last.fm.


 



 



What inspired you to write this release?


It was related to my previous single Mother Earth, and also inspired by some works like the ones from Jean Michel Jarre and Enigma. Both the music and the covers.

I also wanted to finish the year with a good song as a gratitude to all my new listeners in the 2016,

and also to my previous ones.


Any plans to release a video?


Nowadays I haven´t released any video for this single. But soon I will include one on my Youtube channel. I am open to different visual proposals for the video of this song https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChkB2BzX0evfmfnFUM7TI9w


 


Any plans to hit the road?


At this moment I have no plan for concerts. Maybe in the near future as a Dj, making versions of my songs.



As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I will use some recent reviews related to my Music:

‘This pensive ambient artwork (Interstellar: Sci·Fi Soundtracks 2), is conceived around themes of distance and disconnection, and its style much reflects that preoccupation; Vazquez has a genius for rendering the elongated dimension.’

‘Hugo Vazquez shows how to capture not just a mood but a specific place with ‘District 10′ – a funky ambient piece that is alluring, thoughtful – and altogether inviting.’


Who have you been listening to lately?


Nowadays I like to listen a great variety a good music from Soundtracks to Electronic, Dance Music, Instrumental etc. Artists like: Thomas Bergersen, Ramin Djawadi, Hans Zimmer, Gandalf, Lykke Li, Aquilo,…etc



Tell us about your passions


I like Nature & Sports, I use the bike as often as I can, especially in the countryside.

I like going to the Cinema to see spectacular films which you can only truly enjoy in the Big Screen (for the Soundtrack Music too). I also like to travel to different countries.



What else is happening next in your world?


What I said, I am focused in my Music, being the Composer and Producer of my works, and the managements related to them. Due to I haven´t still signed with any label.

In my free time I like to travel, relax, enjoy going out, and practising different sports.


https://www.reverbnation.com/hugovázquez


Thanks for an awesome interview, Hugo!


 


 


Connect with Hugo Vázquez


Website: http://hugo-vazquez.wixsite.com/hugovazquez

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hugovmadrid/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hugov_madrid

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChkB2BzX0evfmfnFUM7TI9w

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hugov_madrid




Genres: New Age

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts