Artist Interview: Mark Goldberg

Artist Interview: Mark Goldberg

Tell us about yourself and your music


I combine folk, r/b, rock, pop, jazz, and funk on my songs but not all genres at the same time. I very much follow the style and productions that were used mostly in the 70’s and early 80’s. I don’t like electronics or sequencing at all.


Talk to us more about your latest release


Tales From The Music Room is my CD which is out on ITunes and Amazon. It’s all original material where I play all instruments. It was done in my home studio. I recently put out a song called “It’s You And I” which was influenced by Al Jarreau’s style as well as Steely Dan.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I was messing around with my acoustic guitar when the chords for this came.


Any plans to release a video?


Not at this time.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


I hope to have some more gigs soon. None posted at this time though I have played quite a few.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I try to let my music do the talking. But I also try to advertise what I do directly letting people know of my musical approach.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Laura Nyro, Steely Dan, Pat Metheny, Rush, early Elton John, and a lot of prog stuff from the 70’s. As far as current stuff goes, I like Mark Ronson, and I sort of like Pharrel Williams and Maroon 5. Also, Porcupine Tree and Spock’s Beard I listen to a lot of as well.


Tell us about your passions


Getting outside. I do like to explore, travel, and see new places. I hike a lot in the summertime and actually gone to the summit of quite a few mountains off trail.


What else is happening next in your world?


Not sure as of yet. Try to take things as they come though I’m always proactive.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Mark!


 


 


Connect with Mark Goldberg


Twitter: https://twitter.com/Gold6821


Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/venturesome-2

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/markgoldberg4




Genres: Folk, Funk, Jazz, Progressive Rock, R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts