Artist Interview: MrGrool

Artist Interview: MrGrool

 


Tell us about yourself and your music


Well, I’m a regular 29 years young guy who’s been producing dance & electronic music for the past 4 and a half years. I usually go with the flow and create whatever music that comes to me but more often than not i end up producing progressive trance and house. I learned production in 2012 from an academy in New Delhi called the Beatfactory Academy which is the brainchild of Gaurav Dayal, and then I spent the next 2 years practicing and polishing my skills which ended with the digital launch of my debut album “A Moment In Time” in August 2014. My most liked track is “Blush” and the most downloaded track is “Temple of Zen”. As of now I am focusing my energy into producing punjabi rap music which is extremely popular here in New Delhi nowadays.


 


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


From time to time I like to remind myself why I got into production. It’s because of the strong and deep impact of Trance Music. “Unleash” is a trance track which honors my passion and love for trance. A typical 140BPM trance monster !!


 


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


My love for trance and my own motivation to prove to myself that I am capable of matching any producer in the world in terms of skills and musicality !!


Any plans to release a video?


Due to budget constraints, I am looking at my video production options and would definitely release a kickass video once all the formalities are in place.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Currently I am an unsigned artist and I also don’t perform live. Having a record label and being affiliated with an artist management agency will definitely help in promoting my work through concerts and tours and once that happens, you’ll see me on stage in no time !!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I try not to blindly follow and copy what other successful artists are doing but at the same time i do replicate a few useful things that i notice, like presence on various social media sites, cover art, having radio edits of their full length tracks, photo-shoots etc. Plus i also have a cool artist name which helps me in differentiating myself from the crowd.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Punjabi artists like Hardy Sandhu and Diljit Dosanjh to help me understand the basics of popular punjabi music. I also have been listening to the Warner/Chappell Productions albums which feature a wide range of styles like latin, reggaeton, dance pop, house, rock etc.



Tell us about your passions


Entrepreneurship & Good Food !!

I loooove the idea of coming up with innovations and making them a profitable entity.

My MBA also comes in handy with this goal.


What else is happening next in your world?


I am about to start production of a track for a new team I have joined. If all goes well, this track will be pitched to a big label in India and hopefully will be released professionally.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Ishan!


 


 


Connect with MrGrool


Website: https://groolmusic.wordpress.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/people/Ishan-Malik/100009926984086


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ancientpond

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mrgrool

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/mrgrool




Genres: Dance, Electronic

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts