Upcoming Artist you need to know about

Upcoming Artist you need to know about

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Thomas B Sheriff, know professionally as Hash Blink, is a Liberian African American rapper, songwriter, singer, entertainer, and Choreographer. in 2005 Hash Blink created the love for music when he first heard the 50cent PIMP. later started listening to his idol Jay z and Eminem at age 13 Hash started writing lyrics and would ask his peer to rap battle with him at 17 Hash Bink moved to the USA to forward his dreams as a hip hop, dance-pop, and rap artist I had had feature with artists from new york, California and in the UK also had released three singles


Talk to us more about your latest release


It was on a Friday morning when I called my girlfriend which is my ex-girlfriend now and I told her we were spending the day together she agreed. so @12pm I told her we should go to the movie we arrive and I handed her my card to get something to eat when she left it was another girl that I had had a relationship with in the past she walks in and when to picture me she hurries over to me and kissed and my girl had seen what happened told me she wanted to go home I order a  ride and from there the trouble began and the song was me trying to explain and make things feel right again but after weeks and weeks of conflict we decided to let each other go on



What inspired you to write this release?


Nothing like you is a trap/pop song the story behind this was tell my girlfriend how important she is to me and nothing or nobody can change that and no matter how many times or others girl I cheat on her with she will always be mine and I will always be here for her but unfortunately we broke up a day before the song was released and up till now the cover of the song has me and her bitmoji.


Describe the writing and recording process


The writing and recording process of this song wasn’t a hard one it took me an hour to write and structure the song. I had the title once I heard the beat I didn’t have to ask myself too many questions as I usually do on other songs. I just listen to the beat two times and wrote down everything that when wrong between me and my ex. edited it took up the chorus the verse and another important part and the producer was so great that we did the full song in an hour.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


I’m currently working on two studio albums at the same time one is the forbidden fruit, which is about his struggle with this world and juice fruit where I talk about emotions towards relationships friendships and my current mood and move towards life.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there I create abound with fans as I call them families interact with them through my post on social media I even give some my contact info to reach me when they need someone to talk too when they feel down or lonely because me too know and understand what it means to feel like that so whenever I drop a song they listen and encourage theirs, friends, to listen at the end of the first two weeks I ask them to give constructive feedback about the songs


Who have you been listening to lately?


I have been listening to Jay z, Eminem and Kayne west my whole life.


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest influences are Jay z, Eminem and Sarkodie. Even though I sound nothing to these guys their energies and positive messages are stores in me and I use them every day to motivate myself since I have nobody to look up to and guide me as I walk my walk. I stay in a very negative environment and atmosphere . with people calling me names, telling me to sit down, I can’t do it, who you think you are, etc. and me not having people to share my feeling with. all I do is listen to these artist’s songs and I keep moving and without these rappers, I would have quit a year ago.


Tell us about your passions


my passion is music/entertainment whenever I do music I feel happy I get the connections between my physical and inner self I don’t wear a mask when I do music


What else is happening next in your world?


I’m attending college studying computer science and working to support my dream/ career


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, HASH BLINK


 


 


Connect with HASH BLINK


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blinkhash/Instagram: http://instagram.com/hash_blinkTwitter: https://twitter.com/hashblinkYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzBBUYyUY-rSEqb3802OOAwLinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/hash-blink-bab213181Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hashblinkReverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/hashblink




Genres: Indie

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts