Who is Dlance Jones?

Who is Dlance Jones?

Tell us about yourself and your music


Hey I’m Dlance born and raised in sweet home Alabama, black/creole descent. I started singing at 5 and found myself (unknowing at the time) putting together stage performances and writing song edits in my mind. My music is showcases my influences and personal creativity to invoke my feelings with in a song whether its uptempo or a message track. I try to layer things in a and find myself having to pull back and not overdo it…or so I’ve been told!


Talk to us more about your latest release


So “good good gone wild” is an uptempo dance track that has a trance seductive vibe to it. The lyrics speak to trying to get someone out of their shell and have a good time. The visual release follows suit with me being the king of the mascarade ball/circus master enticing you to go wild!


What inspired you to write this release?


The track! When I heard the track I was like this is wild but dark and dance like so it was a challenge to get something catchy to match the dynamics of the feeling I got from listening to the beat the first time.


Describe the writing and recording process


  1. Long and exhausting! I’m an independent artist so finding the right people to work with is hard. I’m think-and been told -I’m a perfectionist. So I recorded and changed engineers several times until I got something I was “ok” with.

Any plans to hit the road?


I hope so! with this release I would love to show my stage performances because I know they will be very entertaining because I love putting on a good show. I will be performing in Atlanta on MLK weekend 2020.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I try to lead with quality on everything. Music, images, video and any content. I want it to look like the big boys of the music world because that’s where I’m going to be soon. I also try to be on point with my vocals because I think it’s extremely important to have a unique talent that can be recognizable.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Honesty I have my own list of songs mostly from the 90s r&b, rap, pop I just feel those were the days you had to bring it and be creative to be respected as an artist. I do listen to current music too just not as much.


Who are your biggest influences?


Mariah Carey, lol its funny because people say I do too much singing and they can tell I like her. Luther vandross, stevie wonder, Michael Jackson, whitney Houston, Boys II men, Rachelle  ferrell are few that just blew my mind as a kid and their talent was undeniably great.


Tell us about your passions


Being able to create music and visuals full time would be my absolute favorite thing to do. The medium of music allows me to connect with so many people and bring a out feeling of happiness or sadness or whatever from something I created there’s not much more passionate to me than that.


What else is happening next in your world?


Im back in the studio, I want to make something new. I’m focusing on doing more shows and videos work too. Gotta keep it moving.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, dlancejones1@gmail.com


 


 


Connect with dlancejones1@gmail.com


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DLanceJones1/Instagram: https://Instagram.com/dlancejonesmusicTwitter: https://twitter.com/DLanceJones?s=09




Genres: Pop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts