Artist Interview: Planet Maja

Artist Interview: Planet Maja

Tell us about yourself and your music


I am a singer and songwriter based in London. I started writing songs thinking I would form a band but then was asked to perform them on my own, had to brush up my piano skills and oops I became a band in the process :). I have just raised some funds to produce 3 of my original songs and hopefully send it to producers and record companies’; I have a large twitter following and also work as an actress and presenter. I always felt a bit of an odd one, most probably on asperger spectrum, they call me ‘ female Sheldon cooper’ which I am now proud of, so I always felt a bit like an alien hence my website and twitter name: Planet Maja, as if I live on my own planet ?


Talk to us more about your latest release


https://soundcloud.com/planetmaja/sets/ep-project – these are 3 songs i chose to produce now, they were preproduced and already have many fans including an oscar winner who loves ‘Supermarket’ and cannot wait it to be on my first album!


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


Artists I am mostly inspired by are Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, but also mainstream pop. I would say my crazy brain inspired me most ? and the grand piano called Petrof that I lived with – best bf ever – that helped me get these songs out from my head to the keys..


Any plans to release a video?


YES! a friend filmmaker would like to film a video to one of my EP songs most probably Supermarket as it is most popular, or Practical as it is so different..


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Yes! I am now booked to work on a filmset (I am also an actress) till 21st Nov 2017 and after that I plan to do a few intimate gigs around London UK, I would love to play with Sofar sounds once day and I will be happy with ANY city around the world for that ?


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


i use social media as much as i can, i also like now the comparison of me and sheldon cooper, and am a proud weirdo ? but it took many many years to accept my weirdness and use it to my advantage


Who have you been listening to lately?


ed sheeran, duffy, katie perry as – being a pro jazz singer – i try to learn more current pop repertoire ?



Tell us about your passions


travelling! any time any day just open your eyes and look around

also swimming and acting – my other job!

languages – i love learning them and Spanish especially (I speak 5)

tea! – i used to once work as a tea sommelier and still love a good cup of loose leaf tea


What else is happening next in your world?


filming a big hollywood movie now and editing videos of my jazz trios ?


Thanks for an awesome interview, Maja!


 


 


Connect with Planet Maja


Website: https://www.planetMaja.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/planetMaja

Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/planet_Maja

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0zsNCthoU

Soundcloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/planetmaja




Genres: singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts