Artist Interview: Princess Abi

Artist Interview: Princess Abi

Tell us about yourself and your music


I grew up listening to many different genres from many different decades, but I mainly stuck to R&B and some strong female pop vocalists. There’s something about a melody getting stuck in my head that’s, in a way, addictive to me (if that makes sense). Music was always my drug of choice, it’s a big part of my life and who I am. Now with my music, in particular, it takes a lot of patience for me to create something I’m completely content with, but that’s just because I’m a perfectionist. But I do make sure to put all my effort into anything I work on. I write my songs based off of my current mood or whatever I’m dealing with in that particular moment. It’s sort of like therapy for me.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest song “Tell Me” is all about reassurance. Tell me the things I want to hear to ease my mind, but don’t just tell it, show it as well!



Describe the writing and recording process


I write & record my songs with this app called BandLab. First, I find a beat that I think I can really do something with, then I just sit back, smoke, and let the melodies and lyrics come to me. It isn’t always this easy, a lot of times I have trouble with writer’s block so it takes a while for a project to get finished. But when the creativity starts flowing again, I record it all through my headphones and try to master it as best I can with the app. This is part of the reason my music sounds a little less professional in my opinion, but we all gotta start somewhere.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Honestly, I don’t try to follow trends or stand out. My music is a piece of me, and I think that’s what makes it special. Because it’s genuine. I’m not aiming to do anything when I make my music or try to make a name for myself. All I know how to be is me, and that’s something I feel a lot of artists today lack – so I mean I guess I’m different in that way.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to so many different types of music. I like for whatever I’m listening to reflect on my mood, and that changes many times throughout the week or even the day.


Who are your biggest influences?


If I’m being real, growing up watching performances from people like Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, women in the late 90s/early 2000s who really knew how to put on a show, that’s what influenced me to want to do this with my life from an early age. Their shiny outfits, their glamorous hair, the absolute joy they brought to people with their art; that’s what made me start singing & doing performances in my room, dancing around in a training bra from an early age


Tell us about your passions


Not many people know this, but I’m an empath. I literally live to help others in need. I go out of my way to make sure someone is content because I know the anxiety that comes with being not at ease, and I just don’t want anyone to feel that way. There are so many things I’m passionate about because I’m just an intense person, but that’s the main one we’ll focus on today.


What else is happening next in your world?


I’m about to start school at the University of New Orleans in the fall. I’m not sure what I’m going for yet, but I’m 19; I think I got some time to figure out what I want an actual degree in.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Abigail


 


 


Connect with Princess Abi


Website: https://www.snapchat.com/add/abiluv18Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/princesss_abiSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/princesss_abi




Genres: R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts