Discovering Geromel

Discovering Geromel

Tell us about yourself and your music


I started playing the guitar when I was six. I consider myself very lucky and proud of having lived by the sound of the great masters from the 70’s and after. It’s still alive in my memory when I was nine and listening to disco-music LP’s at my mother’s turntable…

My journey with several bands of different styles, from rock to jazz, including brazilian and pop music, are the most important resources to my career as a musician and producer.

The groove of house music is fantastic by itself, I just put some guitar parts to create my unique sound. Furthermore, I like to focus on the atmosphere we can create using the available technology, but never leaving aside what matters the most: make great music !


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is a song called “Enchantment”. This track is not an electronic one, like my previous ones on my EP called “Electric Lounge”. I focused more on accoustic drums, distorted guitars and a powerfull lyric about “what humans can do to improve their lives”.



What inspired you to write this release?


My music and my fans are my main inspiration. If everyone feels good listening to the songs I create, I’m happy too !


Describe the writing and recording process


I always start with simple ideas, it can be a good combination of chords, an exciting drum loop or a catchy bass groove. After this main idea, I go ahead and complete with all the  elements to improve it. To be honest with you, the lyrics are the most difficult part for me, not because of the language or the writting process by itself, but almost all relevant issues has already been said by great songwriters, so it’s difficult to find “brand new subjects” to talk about.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


Yes, actually I’m planning some gigs for 2020, the focus now is to organize a more “rock approach” and prepare a good band formed by experienced musicians. The dates, times and locations will be informed on my Social Media platforms.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I would brand me and my music as “THE BRAND NEW INDIE ROCK”.


Who have you been listening to lately?


My playlists include U2, Seal, The Killers, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, New Order, Tears for Fears, Rush as well as Heavy and Hard Rock like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple etc.


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest influences are those ones that I call as “references” in their styles, like Duran Duran, Deep Purple, Rush, Tears for Fears.


Tell us about your passions


My passions are my pets ( I have 9 cats and 1 dog ), my family, my friends, my work and fans. I like simple things such as going out at night, travelling to the beach and watch funny movies !


What else is happening next in your world?


I own a commercial recording studio in São Paulo, and that takes a big part of my routine, so I expect to deliver excellent music for people who hires me for this task. And this is the philosophy I apply to my career too: create excellent music to win more and more fans.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Geromel


 


 


Connect with Geromel


Website: http://geromelmusic.comFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/geromelmusicInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/geromelmusic/Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq75qrskO7kb-RH4IVisuIASoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/geromelReverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/geromel




Genres: Rock

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts