Artist Interview: K13NG X

Artist Interview: K13NG X

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Xavier Houston, but you all can call me Yung Xa. I am 15 years old and was inspired to start making music in honor of my uncle. My uncle was always very into music and before his funeral to take my mid off of his passing, I was listening to Post Malone’s “White Iverson”. So back to where I started, I’m a self-taught rapper, and producer. I am a very quick learner and quick to understand. I currently live in Oklahoma and am just trying to get my name outside this state.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is an R&B song that I’m sure a lot of people who have just gotten out of a hard breakup will understand. If you’re not into R&B I am a very versatile rapper. My flows go from sad and slow all the way to quick and happy. I wrote it to let out some emotion. That’s one good reason I have a love and passion for making music.



What inspired you to write this release?


A break up I had recently like a month ago. I started writing quickly after it happened. So really I just wrote my single “Actions” to express how I felt about the situation.


Describe the writing and recording process


It was fairly easy because of the fact that it was all from the heart. The lyrics include “you say that you love me I can’t tell if that’s a lie” “wish you had a heart and you let me all inside”. I have my own little home studio so I really just recorded in my bedroom.


Any plans to release a video?


No not at the moment.


Any plans to hit the road?


Maybe sometime very soon… shhh…


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I separate myself by having variety. All my music is different from everyone else.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lately, I’ve been listening to baby, NBA young boy, and a boogie. I think they are all great artist.


Who are your biggest influences?


My uncle is always my biggest influence. He always loved music. Besides him, I think NBA young boy was a good influence on my music.


Tell us about your passions


I love basketball. I play like every weekend and I used to be on the high schools 9th-grade team but I quit to pursue my biggest dream of music.


What else is happening next in your world?


Just been grinding out this music. My plans are to promote more of my music and keep it coming for the fans.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Xavier


 


 


Connect with K13NG X


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xavier.houston.7127Twitter: https://twitter.com/XaviOnTheTrackSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acix-890558234Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChbRumnUKJf5GJ_mq8G20fA




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts