Artist Interview: Yung Carter

Artist Interview: Yung Carter

Tell us about yourself and your music


Hi, my name is marquise but I got by Yung Carter. I always felt that no matter how fast or slow I aged I looked and felt younger. Carter comes from my last name and so that is where I got my stage name. I’m from jersey city, NJ and was raised by a single mother. I started writing music when I was a freshman in high school. I was obsessed with music and loved hearing the different sounds and the pain that was played through the music. When I got to my junior year of high school I started recording and expressing myself in my own unique sound. Now I am 18 and graduated and about to release my first studio album


Talk to us more about your latest release


LUVU2DEATH is a deep song for me. I told a story that was hard to express up loud. When you listen to the chorus, if you can break it down you will understand how deep the song really is when decoded.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


My grandfather. Jacob Simmons. He was a jazz musician and also made music on his own time. He was a fan of music and it always amazed me watching him. I admired him.


Any plans to release a video?


Yes, coming soon. Sept 14


Any plans to hit the road?


Trying to find a manager and places to do shows. I have been picked for coast2coast life but never been able to make it


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I have a unique sound and style. My music is different, lyrical but commercial


Who have you been listening to lately?


I have been listening to j cole and sy ari da kid


Tell us about your passions


I work 11 hours or so delivering food and I play pick up basketball when I have a chance. I’m a big brother and boyfriend so I have to make sure family is the priority


What else is happening next in your world?


Album release


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Maquise!


 


 


Connect with Yung Carter


Soundcloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/yungcarter17




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts