Artist Interview: UNIVERSALDAGOD

Artist Interview: UNIVERSALDAGOD

 


Tell us about yourself and your music


Musically, I am a hip hop rap artist. I am a songwriter, producer, and soul artist. Personally, I am just like you. I love music. I feel, cry, laugh, and have feelings or emotions like everybody else. Music is the way I express my emotions or concerns. This is our connection. We all are attracted to what we feel no matter what it may be. I am my music. Additionally, I would like to add that it is not all about me or all about my music. It is about my lifestyle. It is about the lifestyle that we all share. In short, every song I ever performed or recorded was a moment in time or event. It was a documented story in time and space. Note, that when I say “space”, I mean headspace. Each recording is where I was at mentally, spiritually, and circumstantially. It is all about growth and development. The music is us and we are it. Change is constant. Peace. I would also like my fans to know that I am a real freestyler who can spit off the top instantly anytime, anyplace with no rehearsal and the freestyles are not pre-written. I am a good writer too. I do both.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is entitled “You’re the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world” I actually dug into my inner soul on this one. Instead of rapping I just let the universe take control and I just let go. What came out from within was positive vibrations of love and admiration for the female gender. I acknowledged the phrase “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” as I imagined the perfect woman for myself, all that I wanted a woman to be. Yes, I released a melodic hip hop soul record where I actually sang. It was liberating to the essence of my soul as If I was singing to the actual spirit of a woman.


 


https://soundcloud.com/universaldagod/youre-the-most-beautifullest-woman-in-the-whole-wide-world


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I was inspired by the universal love of women. I was inspired by the beauty, the kindness, the wisdom, the mannerisms, the physical attributes, the individual and collective beauty of the feminine spirit. At that moment I felt seduced by the mere thought of a beautiful woman so much that I made attempts to paint a picture with my music. Listen, there is beauty in every woman if you look close enough and pay attention. You will find beauty there regardless to shape, size, hair style, lifestyle, race or culture. At the moment I recorded and released it, I just wanted every woman in the universe to know that she was beautiful. I still want every woman that exist that I really appreciate their existence and energy. She inspired me. The Women we have all grown to love in some facet of our lives in the many roles they play, mothers, lovers, aunties etc. I love women.


Any plans to release a video?


The video is in the reproduction process. I had recorded a video for the song and released on Vimeo. However after revisiting the song decided to take a new approach. Anyone with any ideas can direct message me on twitter@universaldagod


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I plan to tour this summer on the GMSH tour with Jesse Jones and family. I toured last year with the tour which included Young Money, Corey Gunz, G-Unit, Young Buck and Lil Flip. Visit GMSHtour.com or just google GMSH Tour for updates. You can also direct message me @universaldagod on twitter.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


As an indie artist I strategize and target an audience that has an interest in the type of music I make. In other words, I do not try to sell steak to a vegetarian, if you get my drift. It is very important to know who your audience is. It is also important not to have a FOMO (fear of missing out). I brand myself through niche markets. In a large pond full of fish, the big fish eat the little ones. I would rather be a BIG fish in a small pond if you catch my drift. Let that marinate. Big markets, small markets. Get it?


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lately, I have been listening to Drake. I also follow battle rap leagues like the URL battle league. It is relates to my lifestyle. I am independent so I watch web series like “Respect Life”, “Un-til-then” etc. and the likes. That is who I am so I relate to it. Drake even owns a rap battle league entitled “King og the dot” but it all started with Smack URL. I’m a real hip hop so I stay tuned into groups like the “Lox” which include “Jadakiss, Styles P, Sheek Louch”. I have to keep that real hip hop in my system. It’s medicine.


Tell us about your passions


Besides music my blue nose pitbull gets me up out of the bed in the morning (lol). I am passionate about technology, how it works and it’s new adventures. I am also passionate about good chess games, fast cars and beautiful women (lol). I love food. I am a foodie. The beach is a passion. I love to travel and explore exotic places. People are by far my greatest passion. I love to meet new interesting people. I am free spirited so I love to interact with positive energies like myself. I have a strong passion for lively parties, concerts and events from the audience stand view. This includes sporting events too. I am passionate about positive social interaction! I am passionate about Earth day! (smile)


What else is happening next in your world?


Growth, development, positive energy, positive vibrations and networking opportunities. I am in a good headspace right now. I’m building. I’m actually engaging some new film projects, which is a first for me. My locks are so long that they actually touch the ground now, so I draw a lot of attention when I’m out and about. People actually ask me can they film and take pictures.


Thanks for an awesome interview, George!


 


 


Connect with UNIVERSALDAGOD


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/universaldagod

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/universaldagod




Genres: Hip Hop, Rap, singer-songwriter, Soul

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts