Artist Interview: ColourlessWar

Artist Interview: ColourlessWar

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Jeremy Siner, Im twenty-four years old and was born in Lafayette, Louisiana. I wasn’t exactly an avid listener of music, in fact I didn’t listen to it fully until 2007, after that I opened my ears to the amazing sound of rock. I remember listening to so much rock music at once to the point that my parents found it unhealthy, some of the obvious popular rock songs are what I listened to daily, but the ones that actually stuck with me were : Decyfer Down – “Fading” & “Crash”, My Chemical Romance – “Black Parade” & “Helena”, and A Closure In Moscow – “A Night At The Spleen”.


Now about my music, my main inspiration is the Indie/Rock scene, mixed with experimental elements here and there. Emotions come from deep within, usually when i’m depressed or watched a lot of Anime in one setting, I tend to make songs based on how I feel, I never do write down my lyrics as this ruins the natural form of the music I create, everything comes from within.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is a 10 song EP called “New Age Slave”, which I made at an emotionally unstable time in my life. From the weird crunched live sounding Passing By interlude to the alternative folk melody Last Harmony, the entire project is one big roller coaster of pure emotion, as I laid down the Instrumental for each track, I also laid down vocals to match all of the tones almost perfectly, nothing was written or pre-written, I just started recording and unleashed a variety of vocals from the soul.


 


https://soundcloud.com/xcolourlesswarx/sets/new-age-slave


 


What inspired you to write this release?


If anything inspired me it would be my depression, when I decided to make this project I haven’t listened to music in about 2 weeks, and my reason for doing this is so my mind is empty of everything except the task at hand.


Any plans to release a video?


It all depends, there’s two songs that I actually want to make a music video for, the others are good for listening only.


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


Only time will tell.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I don’t think my music is the type to stand out, it usually gets buried under the hundred thousands of songs in the soundcloud library, pretty hard to advertise these days. On the other hand, I really try to create a certain atmosphere for my music, I would say it’s a style but I’m sure by now that everything has been done when it comes to styles.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Jeff Buckley, it’s funny that I didn’t even know who he was until a week ago, it’s sad about his passing but I really enjoy his music, plus it’s the first time I actually sat down and listened to an album in one setting in months.


Tell us about your passions


Video Games, I usually find myself trying to beat all of the games I’ve never gotten the chance to play when I was younger. Anime and Manga of course, I actually want to create a comic-book one day, maybe when I can invest in a decent digital art pad.


What else is happening next in your world?


Another music project, I’m pretty lazy at the moment, or exhausted, one of the two, but i’ll definitely keep releasing music projects in this format.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Jeremy!


 


 


Connect with ColourlessWar


YouTube: https://youtube.com/JeremySiner




Genres: Alternative, Experimental, Hip Hop, Instrumental, Metal, New Age, Pop, R&B, Rap, Rock, singer-songwriter, Soul

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts