Artist Interview: Sarah Chesler

Artist Interview: Sarah Chesler

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’m a Swedish born singer-songwriter and started writing music at the age of 12. My influences were and are many! I grew up with my dad being a minister and mom, a music teacher, so music was a big part of our home. I listen to a wide array of music genres and feel that that variety can be heard in my songwriting.

My songs will bring you on a musical journey through jazz influenced singer songwriter melodies , Spanish inspired instrumentals, Swedish Bossa nova rhythms and words that playfully relates to the ups and downs of everyday life….



Talk to us more about your latest release


I decided to release a single on Valentine’s Day. It is called Mend This Broken Heart and is, as many of my songs, a love song.

It was one of those songs that just came to me, words, melody, arrangement… all at once! I wrote it in one evening and recorded it, start to finish, the very next day. Can’t wait to share it!


 


 


What inspired you to write this release?


To me love is always inspiring, as long as you are willing to see it and feel it. You have to keep your creative channels open and then you will notice you will start to receive ideas and maybe seven perceive things in a more beautiful way.


Any plans to release a video?


That might be a possibility ?


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


Playing in the CT/NYC area and then Sweden in the summer


 


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I think you have to remember where you came from and who you are to stand out in a crowd of so many talented singer-songwriters. Don’t try to “fit in”. Keep your flaws and master them ?


 



Who have you been listening to lately?


Laura Mvula, amazingly creative!

Asgeir (artist from Iceland)

Chris Thile and Brad Mehldau

Isabella Lundgren (Swedish jazz singer)

Chance the rapper ?


Tell us about your passions


My children! My Friends, my job, my walks….. life!


What else is happening next in your world?


I am in a very creative place right now and I am going to start “organize” these new songs and am looking forward to start recording some more.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Sarah!


 


 


Connect with Sarah Chesler


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sarahcheslermusic


YouTube: https://youtu.be/EMp1VMInmKY

Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/sarah-chesler

Reverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/sarahchesler




Genres: Acoustic, Jazz, Pop, singer-songwriter, Women In Music

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts