Artist Interview: BLAKKBONE

Artist Interview: BLAKKBONE

Tell us about yourself and your music


I was born and raised in San Diego California in a area known as Southeast San Diego, a gang infested part of town known for gangs and on a positive note some known celebrity athletes such as Marcus Allen and Terrell Davis. Music has always been a part of my life threw dance or from being a brother of a known local musician/producer. Growing up watching him play original gangsta jazz instrumentals then graduate to actually producing artist was my inspiration to make a long story short.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


I have always took my music seriously but after losing my father in suddenly in 2014 and the way it happened hurt so bad the only way to release the anger and pain was to relentlessly chase my dreams and be who I was meant to become a legendary songwriter and entertainer that’s how my album “The Rise Of BLAKKBONE” began. It is based on a legendary prophecy of becoming myself.


 


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


The death of my father made me realize that i put my dreams on hold and that it’s never too late to become who or what it is it is we are put on this earth to do.


Any plans to release a video?


As an artist, I’m always planning to do a video, I wanna make this a career where I’m always giving my fans something whether its a new song, new album, or new video back to back.


 


https://youtu.be/-cnwQgFuIKU


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I always plan to hit the road but as a husband and father the opportunity has to be right, there’s always risk in this industry but with kids I have to make sure they are ok before i hit the road, but I truly can’t wait until that happens and honestly I don’t think they can wait either.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I know when paying for beats, studio time, cds, and promotion and marketing tools finances add up it gets expensive, so I do what I can to get out find as many free opportunities I can find and promote and engage with my fans as much as I can.


Who have you been listening to lately?


As a rap artist I find it hard to listen to other rap music, although Da Doggpound & Ice Cube are my all time favorites, I don’t want styles to influence me to much I like to stay original but I listen more to R&B, its harder to do than rap.


Tell us about your passions


My passion is entertainment period whether it be acting or performing pretty much anything I love to entertain!


What else is happening next in your world?


I have a new unreleased album that I will be dropping free on soundcloud with 15 songs in 2017 for the world to hear free


Thanks for an awesome interview, Adrian!


 


 


Connect with BLAKKBONE


Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/BLAKKBONE619/

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/619blakkbone619

YouTube: https://youtu.be/-cnwQgFuIKU

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user194266211/nitemares

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/BLAKKBONE




Genres: Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts