Artist Interview: Mikey Blessings

Artist Interview: Mikey Blessings

Tell us about yourself and your music


I am very laid-back, and observant I love life, and I am always very busy.

My mind somehow does not rest, as I cannot turn away from the struggles that I see everyday.

I love history, and quite frankly, I am fascinated of the diverse happenings in our history.

So many things in our history seems almost unthinkable, and unbelievable that it truly happened. On average most of these things are not open for honest dialog, and even today it would almost seem that history is repeating itself. so I have found my mode of expressing the emotional, pain, sorrow, regret, and joy in music.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


My last published released is not my latest release. However the latest published music was written several years ago, and only now released. I believe that was the “Liberation album”

This album spoke of the atrocities of slavery, and the perverted subliminal disparity experience today by the sons and daughters of slavery.

This song is a discussion of dimensional time past, and present. This song implores listeners to be encouraged, be strong, and be free from the chains of the past and embrace the message, and life of liberty, and freedom.


 



What inspired you to write this release?


It was simply one of the compelling to do things that would not go away. Besides it does speak to the issues, and hurtful reality in our society, and our past.

No one else was writing or singing it so I had to do it.

In-fact I sat on this music for almost ten years thinking someone else will say the same thing, and I would not have release it. Well I did not hear anyone with that message so, here I am.



Any plans to release a video?


Yes I am looking forward to producing a video.

I am currently reviewing several concepts, on this video, but I am not quite there as yet.


 



Any plans to hit the road?


I would love to hit the road, but I honestly did not pursue any public performance as yet.

I am still open to change I guess.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My music is lyrically Authentic, sincere, honest, and truthful. My music is for the conscious minded people who is open to relaxing with easy listening music that motivates one to do, and think positive.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Coldplay, Marvin Gaye, Jay Zee


Tell us about your passions


Working hard everyday to keep healthy, love, and support my family.


What else is happening next in your world?


I am getting ready to relaunch my non-profit foundation. This is to promote, and offer service to people afflicted with Sickle cell disease, and other services for the less fortunate, and those experiencing socioeconomic difficulties in our communities..


Thanks for an awesome interview, Michael!


 


 


Connect with Mikey Blessings


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MikeyBlessings/


Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/themikeyblessings




Genres: Reggae, singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts