Artist Interview: #CTGenius

Artist Interview: #CTGenius

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’ve been writing music since before I can remember. I’ve performed in front of crowds as large as 20,000 people all over Ohio and in Canada at the Caribana festival. In 2014 I was released from doing 7 years in prison. I recently had my biggest YouTube hit with 122k+ views on my song “I Needa”. My music represents the highs and lows of relationships, love, and the pursuit of happiness. I tell real life stories with catchy hooks, melodies, rhyme patterns and cadences. I sing and rap which makes my music a more emotional and spiritual experience.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is entitled “All Year Summer 2”. It is a bass heavy, southern fried drum laden journey through my life. The ladies of my life provided me spark, inspiration, passion and heartbreak. The world offered me kudos and disappointment. The bouncy beats and playful synths make you want to dance thru it all. I rap witty phrases in my powerful grown man growl and sing playfully yet emotionally about my experiences. “All Year Summer 2” feels like a party on the first day of summer.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I was inspired by my will to succeed. I really want to make a name for myself among the hip hop legends. I want my music to sustain the lifestyle I always dreamed of. I studied professors at Stanford’s lectures on writing better music. I wrote and recorded daily. I really wanted to be the best artist I possibly could and release the best music I possibly could. The women in my life, the women I wished were in my life, my freaky experiences and my freaky imagination also played a part to inspire me.


Any plans to release a video?


I have released 4 videos from this album, 3 videos from my last project “All Year Summer”, and a video from my free EP “Party Pack”.


 


http://www.youtube.com/c/CTGenius


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I’m working on relaunching my album first. Then looking into doing more touring.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I try to stay as authentic to myself as possible. There’s only one me. My music is about my personal experiences, no matter how embarrassing or vulnerable they may sound, I draw strength from that. My style of singing is based on my own imagination as well as singers from the 30’s, 70’s and places current artists don’t visit. My clothing is kinda goth/ hip hop or anything that purposely stands out, but is really cool. That’s always been my style.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Honestly. Myself.


Tell us about your passions


Love. When I have a beautiful muse to play with. My son. I want to show him that we have a purpose and we should follow our dreams and our passion. Also he’s like my best bud. Money. I desire things that are easier to attain with money.


What else is happening next in your world?


Getting better as an artist. Writing and recording “All Year Summer 3”. Gaining more fans. Signing new artists to my label “Genius Level Entertainment”. Perfecting my clothing line. Possibly filming and directing more videos. I am also owner/director and editor at “Genius Level Films”.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Charles!


 


 


Connect with #CTGenius


Website: https://smarturl.it/ctgenius

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CTGeniusmusic

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ctgeniusmusic

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/CTGenius




Genres: Dance, Hip Hop, R&B, Rap, singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts