Artist Interview: DJ Rell

Artist Interview: DJ Rell

Tell us about yourself and your music


I am 21 years old and I have seizures I have not been doing music for a long time I really just joined, to be honest I use my talent to be a voice to kids with seizures I want to show them that following your dreams will get you anywhere in life don’t worry about how others think about you continue to be the best you can be. My favorite color is red and I love basketball too if I have so many Kyrie Irving shoes he is my favorite player in the NBA. My music honestly is to inspire sometimes I do the hype stuff to but most my songs are for inspiration Power Within was a song I wrote so that people will feel the power to do anything


Talk to us more about your latest release


my latest release Started from the Bottom I mean everyone starts somewhere to get to the top



What inspired you to write this release?


Kids with seizures there smile I do it for them


Describe the writing and recording process


well it’s not really a process I just write how I feel sometimes


Any plans to release a video?


Yes I plan to make a video this summer for this song


Any plans to hit the road?


Yes at some point I do have a show in March at Bleu Nightclub


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My Music Stands out from other Artist in the world because I don’t talk about money sex, money, or drugs in my songs what I talk about in my music are like staying on your grind be on top of your shit and don’t worry what others have to say about its not about them it’s about you and what you do leave your legacy on the world.


Who have you been listening to lately?


My favorite Drake, Kid Ink, and NBA Young boy those guys help me to write music that kids can relate to because of the melody and the flow of there music


Who are your biggest influences?


My Biggest Influences are my coaches like my Coach Kerr and Coach Crowner they never gave up on me and they continue to follow me throughout my journey not just in basketball but my story through the game of life


Tell us about your passions


What gets me out bed every morning well other then my dumb job but what wakes me up every morning are text messages from the kids with seizures that iI take care of always every summer when they text me and tell me they been listening to my music everyday and downloaded a song that I made it puts a smile on my face to know that those kids are listening to my story and I am able to share my story with them I may not be a famous rapper but I wanna continue to be an underground artist who does music for the kids and will do anything for those kids


What else is happening next in your world?


Well what next for me I’m gonna be on the NBA All-Star Mixtape Coming Soon Stay tuned


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Terrell


 


 


Connect with DJ Rell


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/terrell.harris.79Twitter: https://twitter.com/TerrellAHarris/status/1059424373134770181Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/terrell_and1h/im-at-the-top




Genres: R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts