Artist Interview: John De Vinci

Artist Interview: John De Vinci

Tell us about yourself and your music


Born and raised in Bainbridge Ga, that’s 4 hours south from Atlanta. Right above Tallahassee you have towns like Bainbridge, Attapulgus, Thomasville, & Colquitt. I moved to Orlando round 2012 to pursue my career and go to college at Full Sail University. Met a lot of great people like King Jah, KeyWay, Chief Tez, & my manager Myrtle George. We all looked out for each other throughout college wether it was from food or something to get their mind off all the stress. My first time recording on a mic was when I moved to my apartment in Orlando. Bought a mic with the laptop Full Sail gave us and just shit for the stars. I always wanted to be the person that took hip hop to the 90s because I was influenced by so many old Sokol rappers and singers. So throughout my time at Full Sail I studied the game to see what sounds & techniques I could bring that nobody have created yet. I couldn’t do as much because my classes had crazy hours. I graduated Salutatorian of my class thank God because I was a ass in high school so that inspired me to be the best in college, so round that time I felt like I had developed my sound I wanted to feed to the world but it needed to be polished. So I dropped FPOG introducing the new style of mine and picked up some fanbase in the south and west coast. After that I had my baby girl and took a little break from making music but I was always writing still. I had so much wrote that when it was time to record all I had to do is go in and do it. Found my lane in this genre I created called soul rap, which is basically rap with old skool beats and sounds. Round the end of summer 16 I dropped my project ZEALOUS with straight soul rap tracks and picked up a lot of great vibes. So now I’m working on my next upcoming project but Ima keep that on the low till I get further in the production.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release was ZEALOUS. This project is the project that I felt totally comfortable with my style and sound. I consider it soul rap because of the old skool feeling the songs give off. I have a lot of amazing callaborations on there from Apaulow, The Vision, Clyde, Kountry Kangz, Thrill, & Fresh Shot Films.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


Well I felt like I had to come back with something 10x better than my past release FPOG and the fact that I finally found my lane and style I was ready to show the world what I had to say.


Any plans to release a video?


Yes, I recently released I video to the track iObject from the ZEALOUS project which you can find on YouTube. That video was shot and edited by my brother Jayy Hart.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Well I can’t say yes or no. I’ve been keeping my eyes open for open slots on tours and concerts around Orlando but far as performances we always at it.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I went to school JUST so I could have control of my brand and the way I look. So I be coming up with trippy a** ideas that I could explain to anyone else but I could just do it myself. Most of my designs or either Pyscadelic or Surrealism.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to a lot of music as long as it sounds good but on my phone right now I have Wayne, PAC, Ace Hood, Big Krit, Meek Mill, Drake, 50, Mac Miller, Wiz, a little Isley Bros, and me of course.


Tell us about your passions


Staying in shape. I use to run track so I still love to exercise and run. My life goal is to keep my 6 pack lol.


What else is happening next in your world?


The rise of an artist that’s out of his time. The arrival of a team that’s dedicated and more passionate about this art than anyone.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Clifford!


 


 


Connect with John De Vinci


Website: https://www.johndevinci.com

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/JohnDee4/

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/Dble_D_ME

YouTube: https://youtu.be/yiBEh8Au7y8

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jdeezyn

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/dbledjoneson




Genres: Hip Hop, R&B, Rap, singer-songwriter, Soul

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts