Artist Interview: The Artist known as Phillip Bush

Artist Interview: The Artist known as Phillip Bush

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Phillip Bush. I am an artist born and raised in Salisbury, currently living in Charlotte. I have been doing music since 2005. I have put out two indie albums titled “The iHope Campaign EP” and “The Black Elephant EP”. I love making music with a purpose, with a vision, that feels good. If it don’t touch you in some way, it’s no good.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is titled “Look @ This feat. Dukesta” . This song is set to be released on June 26th 2017. “Somebody come look at this” is a powerful statement within this song because we want to capture your attention. The verses were created to address the issue of only gaining support after you become successful. Support goes along way, when it comes to close friends and family members.


 


https://soundcloud.com/rude-awakenin/look-this-prod-by-renewed-audio-productions


 


 


What inspired you to write this release?


The idea of feeling I should be further along in my career. The feeling of not gaining the support from the same people who will go out their way to support people they sometimes don’t even know. The idea of no longer being underground, but breaking through the surface to still give them “me”. Wanting to be a owner, instead of being owned. Wanting to create something my kids could inherit, compared to them feeling the only way to make it is to work for somebody.


Any plans to release a video?


There are plans to shoot a video for the record and we are currently working on that now.


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


We are looking to do some preforming starting in August, hopefully, if we can lock in the dates with the venue.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


The first thing I present as an indie artist is music without cussing. No matter the song or direction there will be no cussing. I want the music to be played EVERYWHERE, at ANYTIME, by ANYONE. This is something no one is doing (for the most part). The second I present to the public is music that feels good and promotes thought. Productions is key! We have to meet the people half. I give you solid productions (what you want), and in return you get solid records.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Here lately I have been listening to Kendrick, Big Krit, J Cole, and I catch a lot of different individual songs tuning into the radio from time to time.


Tell us about your passions


My main passion is being a Christian and believing in Jesus Christ (regardless of what people may think). I teach children about the Word, have preached a few times within my church, and love to do as much as I can within my community to help our children grow into GREAT mother’s, father’s and what ever else God may have in store for them. Teaching about salvation (Acts 2:38) and embedding morals and values are important in helping people make the best decision throughout life. Music is that bridge.


What else is happening next in your world?


As of now the main mission is gain more support through local radio and throughout the state. Promote, promote, promote! We are the brand. As of right now, there are no extra outside forces pushing us and helping us become established.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Phillip!


 


 


Connect with The Artist known as Phillip Bush


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PhilliptheArtist/


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxihWZqewzhNivrQWcD4New

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/rude-awakenin




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts