Artist Interview: OptimoRocks

Artist Interview: OptimoRocks

Tell us about yourself and your music


I make music that many can relate to especially the women, I make music from the heart and also from the way I feel at that moment of the recording the vocals. Birth name is Octavius but I go by OptimoRocks now.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


I released my EP called “Purpose Of My Life” back in may of 2016 and its been a bumpy ride trying to promote it and get it out there. Other than that my friends and family has purchased, and stream the EP to at least get it going but I know it could be a whole lot better with professional help. ( I Have New Mixtape Songs That I Put On Soundcloud to see how they would turn out and its my latest work from this year.


 



 



What inspired you to write this release?


Feeling, Motivation, I just listen to the beat as its playing and what ever my mood is or however I deliver my words when recording is what drives me to continue until I have finished the song.

most of all of my music is created this way and to me it has a better vibe that others can feel as soon as they hear the beat, hook, or verses.


Any plans to release a video?


Each time I drop a single I look forward to dropping a video with it, its part of me doing my work but learning that the world loves to see now versus just hearing. I have 3 videos out now on YouTube and are great videos, I just feel like the platform could of been a whole lot better but hey. CHECK EM OUT under OptimoRocks.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


not at the moment, I’m just ready to continue to excel and when the time comes for me to hit the road I’m always ready. just no one right that can help me, I know self promotion is key but its only so much we can do as an individual.



As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Mostly self marketing, targeting the right crowd of people, I don’t have any clothing brands or what not but that’ll come for sure, but do have my EP distributed on all digital websites to at least drive sales and fans.

Other than that i lack the knowledge of really driving my brand to its full potential.



Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to a lot of different artist in different genres so my chart to choose from is huge but I’ll name a few.

* William Singe-Singer/Songwriter

*Alex Aiono- Singer/Songwriter



Tell us about your passions


My biggest passion is my Daughter, but also that god lets me wake up each day to see another new opportunity to better myself, for my baby girl and family and knowing that i can change the way we live and has been living.

knowing I’m a son of god and believing in the faith of him knowing it’ll get better.


What else is happening next in your world?


honestly its in stand still right now only because i want this more than anything else and will not stop until I’m at the top, my daughter adds fluid to the fire that is burning in my chest to make me want to do so much more than just getting by or settling for less.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Octavius!


 


 


Connect with OptimoRocks


Website: https://www.numberonemusic.com/optimorocks

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/optimusteezy.smith

Twitter: https://twitter.com/yaonleeliveonce

YouTube: https://youtube.com/mrmoneybagoptimo

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/optimorocks

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/OptimoRocks




Genres: Hip Hop, Pop, R&B, Rap, singer-songwriter, Soul

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts