Artist Interview: Metrics

Artist Interview: Metrics

Tell us about yourself and your music


As an artist, I am known as Metrics. I am from Watsonville, Ca. My music is a unique blend of Pop, Hip-Hop, Rap, and Dance.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release was ‘Money & Honey.’ It is a danceable rap track, mainly something to party to. It is an off centric expression of the glamorous west coast rap lifestyle. In it, I also speak out simplicity & tell more about my desires.



What inspired you to write this release?


I wrote this song while listening to a beat I made coming home from vacation in LA. I was inspired by the time I enjoyed there as well as based on the lifestyle I was exposed to there.


Describe the writing and recording process


The writing process occurred while at my home studio. Because I was already inspired and had a clear thought process of what I wanted to talk about, the lyrics cane rather easy.


Any plans to release a video?


Originally, no. Since it’s release though, it has gained popularity to the point I am considering it.


Any plans to hit the road?


At this time, I am focusing on establishing my discography, but I do plan to hit the road and book shows through my entertainment company Clever Concepts Entertainment.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I focus on being me. Continuing to grow personally, has allowed me to shape my own persona and route my own path.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Other than myself, I’ve been listening to various artists such as PARTYNEXTDOOR, Ty Dolla $ign, Dom Kennedy, Nipsey Hussle, Kendrick, Rihanna, Sango x Xavier Omar, Snoop, E-40, the list is endless. I typically am bumping something.


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest influences are God (who has blessed me with life and the courage to pursue all that I wish to achieve), my parents (who played music all the time growing up), My two siblings (who both influenced my musical taste and passion to pursue music), legendary artists such as E-40, Ice Cube, Suga Free, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Will Smith, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Cam’Ron, etc. (once again an endless list).


Tell us about your passions


Besides the blessing from God and the love of my family, my desire to be successful and live life on my terms.


What else is happening next in your world?


Currently pursuing a Business-Hospitality Degree.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Dee


 


 


Connect with Metrics


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/metrics831Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mets831Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/metrics831




Genres: Alternative, Hip Hop, Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts