Artist Interview: King sosa

Artist Interview: King sosa

Tell us about yourself and your music


I was born in England and raised up in north London. I experienced getting move around a lot to different areas but my mum worked really hard to put food on the table for us. She had seven children four girls, three boys I’m the oldest brother. As I got older I got into trouble in and out of school I was a rebel. I had a lot of anger inside of me and sometimes I didn’t know how to control it so I started to fight. I got excluded a lot from school because of my behavior, I was known for kicking a** in school meaning that out of all my friends they would come to me because they knew I wouldn’t have a problem with approaching the issue out with anyone because I like to fight. I just needed someone to direct me into the right path but my dad wasn’t around all the time. They brought in a mentor for me called Desmond because of my behavior I found that he understood a lot and that made me have a better connection with him. Sometimes he would bring his music equipment in and it made me channel my love for music and from then what he taught me has stuck with me. Desmond could only save me sometimes but eventually I got kicked out from school because I got accused of hitting my head teacher. From then on I tried college but I didn’t have anyone directing me and pushing me, I had no money and was getting fed up with life at that point and it drew me closer to the street life. Everyone around me was involved all my friends, I knew it was wrong but what could I do at that time I was young and naïve and didn’t have clue about the world and what it could offer me, I was thinking about fast money and not the consequences that it could bring. I have always been in love with it, on an everyday basis with all of my emotions music has always kept me sane, and it opens my mind and allows me to express myself creatively without their being consequence to my actions. Sometimes when I can’t say how I feel I just leave it on microphone. I like it that way because some people think that I’m talking about them but they don’t have a clue what going on in my mind.2pac has always been one of the guys I respect the most with music, he kept it real and everything he spoke about its going on right now. I would like to collaborate with The Lox there ones of the crews that are underground hip hop. They started from the street and it’s inspiring. There so many artist that had an impact on my music for example Snoop dogg, DMX, bone thug and harmony, master p, max b, biggie smalls and many more.


Talk to us more about your latest release


Currently Working on a new Mix-Tape called Ghost in the shell and my album on 24K Mix-Tape it’s called First Blood. I have some songs on different mixtapes like coast2coast we workin volume 387 featuring look in my eyes, volume 340 picture me, mixtape 354 been on the da block, mixtape 360 first blood and mixtape volume 370 what I live by. I’m on another mixtape called Dj young cee getha tapes ready reloaded volume 64 trying get by. Trying get by would be the most exciting project I have done yet because it really is what I am going through at this period of time every sound in that song makes me have mixed emotions.


 


https://soundcloud.com/ingosa/koke-city-boys


 


What inspired you to write this release?


It’s a new project me and my boys are working on putting different styles of rap on there letting people hear that UK sound.


Any plans to release a video?


Still waiting on my team were working really hard getting music out there videos are coming soon


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


Been doing a lot of networking with artists from the USA so I should be flying out there soon @marcelkoya and @MrSosa9 my Instagram is koyamarcel and datpiff King Sosa reverbnation is King Sosa and my Facebook is koya marcel you can find my music on ITunes, Spotify and deezer junodownload.com muzoic.org. My soundcloud is king sosa.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I think what different about my music is that you can visualize everything that going on without a video. While you listen you can feel the emotion that I leave with that song depending on how I felt when I made it. Everything I have gone through whether it’s good or bad I tell it how it is, I don’t care what people say.I have brought some old school and new school into it. I kept my flow old school 90s style but mixed the beats between old and new everybody on that trapping music there nothing wrong with that but after a while is sound the same you know how to mix it up and learn creatively different avenues to go. Keep your audience.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I don’t listen to that new hip hop all the time I keep it 90s hip hop.


Tell us about your passions


Keep on going never give up on your dreams hard work pays off. One door closes another opens, don’t listen to what others have to say there only there to divide you from your.


What else is happening next in your world?


Working with Nowhiphop there America company that help article get the music heard worldwide.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Koya!


 


 


Connect with King sosa


Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/koya.marcel?ref=bookmarks

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/account


Soundcloud: https://m.soundcloud.com/ingosa

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/kingsosa11?profile_view_source=profile_box




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts