Artist Interview: Mr. Snuffaliff

Artist Interview: Mr. Snuffaliff

Tell us about yourself and your music


I Love Rap. I eat breathe and sleep Rap Music. Ever since I was 9, I have been emulating idols like Run DMC, Mc Hammer, E-40 The Click, C-Bo and many others. My style is very different, but if you can relate to Real Rap, then you can understand where I’m coming from. I have songs for all fans. I grew up where you could go to CD stores and listen to snippets of whole albums in 30 second intervals. That’s where I got my love for underground artists. They all brought something to the table and if I couldn’t listen to the whole album, I didn’t buy it. So you definitely will get your money’s worth listening to my music. I make anthems, classics and real stories that tell about my life and help others get through situations.


Talk to us more about your latest release


I Made a Promise vol. 1, hosted by Dj Ya Boy Earl, who is most known for introducing the world to Kevin Gates and Lil Snupe would be considered my first album. Unlike my other mixtapes, I used all original beats. I tell my fans(extended family) about why I became a R.A.P.P.E.R, why I Made a Promise to myself, and how I’m On My way to the top, because the only way I know how to go is Up. I tell about my relationship with my Wife and she literally inspired 50% of the album as you can hear her throughout the CD. There is literally a song for the ladies, the clubs, the hood and most important of all, the everyday grinders trying to make a name in this Rap game. I worked with Bryson Tillers’ producer on like 5 tracks. My first track was produced by Flyvito Loc, an up and coming producer out of Louisiana where I reside. I guarantee you will be entertained. Also the screwed and chopped version is available for streaming, hosted by the Screwed Up Clicks very own Dj Red.(R.I.P. Dj Screw)


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I literally had just ended my recording contract with Platinum Plus Records. My engineer at the time, T-Lou came by to chop it up with me and I let him hear some of my new material A cappella, and he said “I gotta record 1 last album with you, free of charge”. I agreed and we did the album in like 2 weekends. I later added 3 or 4 more tracks to seal the deal. At the time I was so ready to move forward and shop a record deal, and I later discovered that staying independent was the best choice I ever made. This was by far my best work yet….. but it only keeps getting better. I put a lot of my life stories and you can hear my hunger on every track, because I made a promise to myself that I would be the best rapper in the whole damn industry.


Any plans to release a video?


I have a few videos out already on my YouTube page. On my new project I plan on only releasing singles videos, to put a story together. www.youtube.com/dreteey100


 



 



Any plans to hit the road?


SXSW is my biggest stop of the year, as well as New Orleans, New York, Los Angeles and locally around Louisiana. I usually update all of my tour info on my social media pages.


www.facebook.com/dretakamrsnuffaluff

www.instagram.com/swaggedoutsnuffy

www.twitter.com/dreteezy100


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I give you an entire project with singles. That means every song I put my all into making sure it has a catchy hook, with meaningful lyrics. I am not afraid of criticism, what doesn’t kill me makes me go harder. I have all of my music licensed to receive royalties as well as 2 distribution deals. If you can find a mainstream artist, I’m on every site they’re on. I definitely have had time to fail and win at this crazy music, and that makes me sustainable to great results.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Future, Z-Ro, Lil Boosie, Kevin Gates, Kele the Square, Migos, Lil Keke, Slim Thug, and Nipsey Hussle. I listen to good lyrics and beats because it motivates me to what I need to do to compete and get heard.


Tell us about your passions


Being my own boss. I have millionaire dreams and most millionaires have multiple businesses. The world revolves around money. It takes money to make money, and you can’t live without it. I want my children to never have to work for anyone. I grew up without a Father, and I’m okay with that.


What else is happening next in your world?


G.B.M.C Records and studio coming soon. I believe it’s bigger than me holding a mic. I want to put my closest family and friends on as well. I believe each one, we should teach one. If everybody has money, no one starves. I am pursuing my business degree, I have had the same dream about opening my restaurant named after my Grandma “Honey”. I love good music and good food.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Andre!


 


 


Connect with Mr. Snuffaliff


Website: https://www.reverbnation.com/dretakamrsnuffaluff

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DreTAkaMrSnuffaluff

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/dreteezy100

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/dreteezy100

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/dre-t-mrsnuffaluff

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/dretakamrsnuffaluff




Genres: Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts