Artist Interview: Franklin Cisco Burns

Artist Interview: Franklin Cisco Burns

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’m southern born and raised. I grew up on a farm in Garfield Georgia. Music is and has always been my outlet. No matter what I was going through or how I was feeling music made it disappear. Music saved my life. I feel artist have a big responsibility. Music is supposed to heal, inspire, empower, and build you up. In my writing, I do just that. I feel it’s why I was given this gift. Growing up I was teased for listening to and singing country music and was told I would never be a country singer because of my race. I didn’t understand why people were being so cruel because the music I loved. I didn’t let it stop me I held on to what I loved and my dream.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release “It Rains” I started writing when I was in seventh grade I wrote a few lines of the first verse and the course. I don’t remember why I’m assuming it was something I’ve seen that inspired it. It was the first song I’ve ever written I use to write kots if poems but never songs. I didn’t finish writing “It Rains” until I started down the path of living my dream. I was in the studio working on a song and making notes on changes I wanted to make. Later that night while working on the changes lyrics to “It Rains” just started flowing out and from thinking about an experience with a past relationship I was able to finish it.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


The start of “It Rains was inspired by something I witnessed as a kid im sure and the rest was inspired from one of my own relationship experience.


Any plans to release a video?


I will release a video. I started working on a video for it but I guess the timing wasn’t right because nothing would work out it was always something hindering us so I decided to wait till after a release full album.


Any plans to hit the road?


Right now I’m in the process of finishing album and hopefully, after that I will be hitting the road will keep you updated.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I stay true to me. I keep my style original and stay true to the values and what music means to me.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Randy Travis, Brady Paisley, Billy Currington, Brett Young, Dierks Bentley, Lennon & Maisy, Lee Ann Womack, Kieth Urban


Tell us about your passions


My family and friends, they are the world to me. Nothing in this world means nothing without love and a great support system. Besides music, a big passion is jewelry design.


What else is happening next in your world?


God willing I will be launching my Jewelry Brand. Silverwings (Angel Del Amor) very soon.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Franklin!


 


 


Connect with Franklin Cisco Burns


Website: https://franklin-burns.squarespace.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FranklinCiscoBurns

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cisco_Angel

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ciscoangeldelamor

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-285572608/franklin-burns-single-it-rains

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/franklinciscoburns




Genres: Country

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts