Artist Interview: Michele Mele

Artist Interview: Michele Mele

 


Tell us about yourself and your music


I am a mother of 4 beautiful talented individuals: a circus performer, a design/stylist art director/model/actor, a neuroscience master’s student and a jazz piano player/singer. I have a wonderful husband who is not in the arts!!I come from a family of professional musicians. My mother and father and uncle were/are all professional musicians, even into their 80’s! My brothers and cousins are also professional musicians so music has always been central in my life. My daughter and niece and nephew are also professional musicians. I graduated from university in music and have taught music to all ages. I love most genres of music and “like”, the ones I don’t love! I have been writing music for many years and have written in jazz, latin,pop,rock,classical and even country styles. Also, big production music for a show I’ve written for one of my daughters who is a professional flying trapeze artist.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


I have a few recent projects…My last EP/album is called “Cozy Christmas” and is a warm,soft , bossa nova interpretation of some christmas favorites. Last album entitled “dream” is a warm comforting blanket of my original tunes produced acoustically with wonderful Toronto musicians.

I have written a musical/circus show called Universe In a Kiss, with big sound, romantic pop/orchestral/latin/rock music that has the band on stage with aerial acts telling the story of the universe and evolution and love….. I also have a music/cooking Youtube series….Oh and my new trio ROBERM is a jazz trio of me and 2 pianos with the world renown jazz piano players Robi Botos and Bernie Senensky. I’m also co producing a new album for my daughter Cynthia Tauro who is a talented jazz piano player vocalist and songwriter. www.cynthiatauro.com.


 


 



 



What inspired you to write this release?


I am inspired by love, the beauty all around, my friends.Sometimes just a line or something someone says…

I write in so many different styles that I just tried to stay focused this time and keep it all calm and peaceful and loving. It’s a challenge for me to stay focused sometimes.:)


Any plans to release a video?


I have a number of videos for most of my tunes , through my cooking/music series Michele In The Kitchen and I have videos for Universe In A Kiss and I have some live videos with ROBERM my new trio…. all on my Youtube channel where you can also see videos of my daughters Cynthia Tauro.Eisa Tauro and Emily Tauro.


 



Any plans to hit the road?


I’ll be playing in Italy in April with Concetta Donato. A wonderful jazz pianist.date is not secure yet but near the end of April. Also,accompanying a soprano/mezzo duo Mar. 4 at a concert at my home just north of Toronto.

Check out facebook page for details and upcoming gigs.https://www.facebook.com/michelemelemusic/ and here is my website:http://www.michelemele.com/


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My gift is love. My music is created with love. It’s inspired by love and I love all the people I work with. My brand is happy. I have some tunes of course which are sad or frustrated or tormented , but because I write is so many different styles, the consistency has proven to be the love I want to give no matter who I’m writing for or how I’m producing it.



Who have you been listening to lately?


70’s

Bruno Mars,

Tony Bennett

Oscar Peterson

Chet Baker

George Shearing.

Offenbach, Bizet, Gershwin

Texas Cowboys



Tell us about your passions


coffee!!! yum!!!

morning jog/walking/yoga/

food

my kids

practicing new repertoire for upcoming concert…which I have to do now!!!



What else is happening next in your world?


Looking forward to working on new album for Cynthia. met a great producer at SXSW last year, Steven Ray, and we will be working on this album of her original tunes.We start in a week!!! After that , following a few leads to get the circus music performed by a symphony or develop a plan to get the entire show off the ground…..pun intended!!:)

Also, I had a home concert series going for 2 years and had to stop but will be starting that up again in March.

Also, bookings for ROBERM.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Michele!


 


 


Connect with Michele Mele


Website: http://www.michelemele.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michelemelemusic/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MicheleMele

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/michelemele1

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/michelemele

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/michelemele




Genres: Jazz, Latin

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts