Artist Interview: Clark Ford

Artist Interview: Clark Ford

Tell us about yourself and your music


I am a songwriter from California who lives in Iowa. I write in several genres, including pop, country, rock, sacred, Celtic, jazz, and blues. I released my first album of pop/country/rock relationship songs in 2018 entitled “In My Heart,” and have released several singles. My pop song “Throwin’ it All Away” was was awarded “runner up” in the 2016 Song of the Year songwriting contest. My Halloween song “Spiderwebs in My Hair!” won the Hollywood Song Contest for a Halloween song, and my country song “I Don’t Want to Work Today” was a semi-finalist in the 2018 Song of the Year contest. Many of my songs are featured in a series of full-length musicals I have written, set in each of the last 6 decades. The songs that I have released have been arranged and performed by a studio in Nashville.


Talk to us more about your latest release


I have recently released an upbeat feel-good country love song called “I’ll Be Your Rock.” The song was written by Clark Ford (music and lyrics) and arranged and performed by Underground Treehouse Studio, Nashville.



What inspired you to write this release?


I enjoy writing songs about relationships. This one just seemed to flow out effortlessly and joyously!


Describe the writing and recording process


I write songs in my studio, playing them on the piano, writing out sheet music, and making preliminary recordings. I have been fortunate to work with a very talented studio in Nashville who makes professional arrangements of my songs and records them with a band.



Who have you been listening to lately?


Toby Keith. “I Wanna Talk About Me” is one of my all-time favorites!


Who are your biggest influences?


Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith


Tell us about your passions


Truth, Justice, and the American way…


What else is happening next in your world?


I will be traveling to Nashville to attend a songwriting workshop this fall. Pumped about that!


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Clark


 


 


Connect with Clark Ford


Website: https://clarkfordmusic.comFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/clarkfordmusic/Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/clarkffordSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/cffordYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK0S_UsdyEMePQoLoQXFH7w




Genres: Americana, Christian, Country, Folk, Jazz, LGBT, Pop, Rock

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts