Artist Interview: Martine Fleming

Artist Interview: Martine Fleming


Tell us about yourself and your music


I have been singing since I was a little girl. And as every kid I had a big dream: to be a great singer. But I only sang when I was alone, did not dare to sing for others. 2 years ago I decided to go for it, decided to follow my heart, follow my dream. I already started writing my own songs, but had no idea how to go on from there. But I had faith.

Now, 2 years later, I´m at the point where I´m about to release my first album: Just Some Thoughts. An Ep with songs I wrote myself. I´m so very proud of it. It´s been a musical journey so far, I´ve learned a lot and I keep getting a better singer every day.


My album will be released next thursday (02-02-2017), then all the music is online via SoundCloud etc.


Talk to us more about your latest release


It’s a varied album with pop songs, from ballads to uptempo. The numbers reflect how I look at life and the world and how I think we can make the world a better place together.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I get my inspiration from everything I see, feel and experience. For this album I got inspiration from love, my own journey, my boyfriend and the world. For instance, I wrote the song ‘What is happening to the world’ when I saw a video on the internet that touched me. This song is actually my call to the world to stand together, to make a change, to make it a better world.


Any plans to release a video?


There is a music video for every song on the album. See my YouTube Channel


 


https://www.youtube.com/user/martinefleming


 



Any plans to hit the road?


April 21 Arnhem, Holland, Café De Kroeg


And yes, I would love to hit the road more, would love to sing all over the world, working on it.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I don’t know if I’m an Indie artist, but I brand myself by being myself, following my heart, be true to myself and make music I love myself. I believe that you can only make a good connection with others if you are connected to yourself


Who have you been listening to lately?


Various artists and music, actually too many to mention but a few: beyonce, sting, classical music, Barbra Streisand, Queen, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Kahn, Pink


Tell us about your passions


My boyfriend, children and family, friends, doing fun things. And again music, because I can not do without, singing, making music and listen to music is really an important part in my life.


What else is happening next in your world?


I’m also writing a musical for children and I write lyrics for other artists.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Martine!


 


 


Connect with Martine Fleming


Website: http://martinefleming.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/martinefleming.nl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/martinefleming

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/martinefleming

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/martinefleming




Genres: Funk, Pop, singer-songwriter, Soul, Women In Music

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts