Artist Interview: Mo-Nitta International

Artist Interview: Mo-Nitta International

Tell us about yourself and your music


My music is mostly personal, it comes from my experiences throughout my lifetime. I am a singer/songwriter/rapper with the versatility of switching melody styles and offering a feel of talents like Nate Dogg, Drake, Simon Webbe and Akon.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is called Be My Wife and it was produced by Nejah in my home country of Lesotho inside South Africa. This is a Hip-hop/G-funk tune from a man proposing to his ride-or-die lady after defeating the odds with her, it has a sentimental hook and poetic lyrical delivery to the party being addressed. It is distrubuted by CD Baby and is available across an array of digital platforms like iTunes, Amazon,Spotify and many more.


 


https://soundcloud.com/user-849329568/be-my-wife-produced-by-nejah


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I was inspired by deep love for my fiancee who has stuck it out with me through the odds, we fell in love from the days when we both had nothing and continued that stride to the present day when our financial situations have both taken a turn for the better, I felt the need to appreciate the tenacity to stick by me in nothing when she could simply do with better.


Any plans to release a video?


Certainly, I am very much looking forward to shooting and releasing a music video for this single, it is yet to be shot, I will provide a link for another youtube video however.


 



 



Any plans to hit the road?


1. Coast 2 Coast LIVE|Miami Edition 6/23/17, Miami Live 912 71 st. Miami Beach, FL 33141 at 10 pm.

2. Coast 2 Coast LIVE|London Edition 7/1/17, Notting Hill Arts Club, 21 Notting Hill Gate London, UK W11 3JQ at 6 pm.

3. Coast 2 Coast LIVE|Toronto Edition 7/20/17, Nocturne 550 Queen Street W Toronto, CA M5V 2B5.

4. Coast 2 Coast LIVE|London Edition 8/5/17, Notting Hill Arts Club, 21 Notting Hill Gate London, UK W11 3JQ at 6 pm.

5. Coast 2 Coast LIVE | Sydney, Australia Edition August 23rd, Location to he announced but the show starts at 8 pm.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


In this era where most rappers are trappers with the aim of fitting in and relating to this new generation, I look back for a sound that takes a listener back to the early 2000s and create a record which by virtue of sound, still manages to tantalise the ears of the generation of this era. On top of that, I am the only artist in Lesotho who has worldwide distribution and radio airplay and that can be testified to by peaking at number 6 on the Official European Independent Music Chart unsigned.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I have been listening a lot to Alessia Cara, Robin Shultz, Simon Webbe, Vita Chambers because we were on the same chart in Europe, Beauty In The Breakdown because we have been on the Top 10 together for nearly 8 months on Netradio in France.



Tell us about your passions


1. My job as a record-keeping officer in the procurement department where I get to make contacts with people from all walks of the business world and learning the diversity of the field of procurement and supply.

2. Spending time with family and friends.

3. Studying, I love extending my education because it feels like the one the things that keep me current and in time’s favour.


What else is happening next in your world?


My new single Be My Wife is premiering on radio in 52 countries on the week of 3rd-9th July and I am releasing my debut album called My Story which is dated for release via CD Baby on September 1st 2017, both on digital and physical platforms. I hope to get the attention of a good management company to handle my administration so that I can focus on cultivating my creativity and making more music.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Letlotlo!


 


 


Connect with Mo-Nitta International


Website: https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/MoNitta

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/moni.li001/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/monittan

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUv8WX5Tu9637A5BhPwj3KQ

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user555780400




Genres: R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts