Artist Interview: Conscious X

Artist Interview: Conscious X

Tell us about yourself and your music


I was born in a small neighborhood in the East of Johannesburg called Katlehong and have nine siblings with one who is late .I am a farther to a 12 year old daughter. Caught the bug of Hip Hop when two friends from my hood invited me to a club called Lee Club in Johannesburg and have been perfecting my craft since then. Offering my first single titled The One in 2008.


Talk to us more about your latest release


It is titled Am Sorry and it is basically about me being apologetic to everybody I might have offended in my lifetime.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I realized that I am not perfect as a person and over the years that I have been on this planet I might have hurt some people’s feelings from family to relationships to even strangers .I worked with Timo on the single an artist from Cape Town where I am based now.


Any plans to release a video?


Yes and I am still on a lookout for the right crew I can work with, one with the same vision as I have.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Yes I do plan to hit the road later this year. But at the moment I am busy with a campaign against Women and Children killings happening in my country and the 67 minutes for Mandela Day. And some other charity events around Cape Town under an organization called Youth Matters.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


First and foremost I am a strong believer of Christ and I tell stories from an experience situation so nobody else has walked were I have been.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I just discovered this talented musician by the name of Frankie Storm she makes good music. Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Sjava, Reason, Kwesta, Stogie T, Vontebz, Timo and a lot of Indies


Tell us about your passions


I love acting and have done stint roles on TV dramas like Rhythm City, Muvhango, Generations, U Gugu no Andile and a couple of TV commercials.


What else is happening next in your world?


I want to shoot a documentary about great Independent Artists


Thanks for an awesome interview, Muvhango!


 


 


Connect with Conscious X


Website: http://bimba.co.za/users/conscious-x


Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConsciousX?s=09

YouTube: https://youtu.be/eNCSNe0TOCM




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts