Artist Interview: Jzade Forte

Artist Interview: Jzade Forte

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Jzade Forte. I am a producer, rapper, singer, songwriter, and musician. I’m 23 years old and I was born in Little Rock, AR. I started rapping with my brother when I was 4 years old. I released my first single and video “L’Punity” at age 7 and begin performing at talent shows and competitions, birthday parties, festivals, and events around the state. By the time I was 12 I was able to alternate playing both the drums and keyboard for my grandparents’ church and co-directing the ministry choir. But music was already apart of my chemical makeup. My parents both signed to Worldwide Records, an international recording label in the 90s, met singing for church quartet groups. My mother a cosmetologist, writer, and untouchable soprano prepped my style, performance, and business etiquette. My dad a veteran musician and producer in the gospel industry, gave me access and free rein in his studio at an early age. By the time I was 12 I had produced, mixed, and mastered my first demo project and the rest is history. My music like myself is a mysterious surprise. I don’t plan it I never know what to expect, I just do and make what I feel. My music is my soul and its so many colors its been hard with this idea of artists’ genres. I don’t feel like I fit into any of them.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is still in the work up stages. I had it originally set in my mind and my calendar to release Updated 2.2 a memory reflection of my life during the ages of 21 and 22, in fall of 2017, but, with the passing of my grandmother on August 17th, 2017, I wanted to change some things. Since it’s been almost 3 years from my last project, I wanted it to be real and heartfelt but not sad. I had a lot more to say so I took songs away, recorded a few new, and took from some recent unfinished work to put together a tracklist that would tell of my struggle in an uplifting way. The title of this album is set but will be kept undisclosed until closer its release.


 


 


What inspired you to write this release?


First my pain… Then my granny…


Any plans to release a video?


Videos are so gonna be lit. Yes, one thing I can say is that a video will come before the release of my project later this year. I know my fans want more visuals.. We’re working on them.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


We are holding a promotional tour in the Summer of 2018 with dates TBA. Our first stop is May 12th, 2018 @ 3 pm at the East Coast Music Conference in Norfolk, VA.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My mom always told me people need to see your face. I think that’s the best way. You have to do shows and promote other places. Every move counts, it should lead to the next one.


Who have you been listening to lately?


A lot of J Cole really that’s the guy to go for answers nowadays. I love what he’s doing. For fun I may pop on some Lil Baby or some Juicy J, but recently I’ve been studying my older idols and trying to draw from the inspiration I had as a child so its been a lot of the 80s and 90s R&B you know Toni Braxton, Babyface, Aaliyah, Prince, Janet, Micheal, the greats yeah. I try not to get stuck in the new wave of Radio because I don’t want my soul distracted too much or for my sound to be influenced by the music of today.


Tell us about your passions


My family and love, My my niece is everything and more. My mother is awesome. My sister and cousins are the most fun human beings I know. I get up because of them and that knowledge of growth.


What else is happening next in your world?


I’m working on so many things my sister and I are working on developing our clothing line and storefront, I’m working on a production audio studio with my brother in my hometown, my boyfriend and I are working on building our natural electric living events, and I’m currently working on the scripts and chapters of my movie and 2 books. On top of all of this, I’m still in school finishing my degree and helping my mom manager her production, publishing, and management companies.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Jzade!


 


 


Connect with Jzade Forte


Website: https://itsjustjza.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/justjza/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/itsjustjza

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxarVb5blWdPMJzkFetvXNw/featured

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jzade-forte-1

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/jzadeforte




Genres: Hip Hop, New Age, Pop, R&B, Rap, singer-songwriter, Soul, Women In Music, World Music

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts