You're the Only One By Jamia

You're the Only One By Jamia

Tell us about yourself and your music


I have a song in mind for every mood that I feel. Rather I’m feeling confident, sad, happy, or crazy there is always a song I can turn on and relate to. It doesn’t matter about the artist’s color, sexuality, or age because good music is undeniable. That’s what made me fall in love with what I do, and that is what I aim for with my music; creating something fans and listeners can relate to and love.


Talk to us more about your latest release


“You’re the Only One” was written by me, produced by the amazingly talented Roger Ryan, and then released by AfterTouch Music. Though this is my first single, I have been chasing this moment for years. It is actually one of the first songs that I wrote, and I feel that I’ve only gotten better since then. I can’t wait to see what fans think of what’s next!



What inspired you to write this release?


“You’re the Only One” is a strong declaration of love through song. It is based on personal experiences and feelings that I encountered with my first love. In 2018 we were at 3 years of going back and forth when I realized “Woah. I’m really in love with this person. I can’t change it, so I’m going to indulge in it”. We are still going, even stronger, in 2020.


Describe the writing and recording process


I wrote the first verse and chorus to the song in just a couple of hours and then sent the demo over to my producer. He fell in love with it and told me to add another verse so we could record. It only took a split second to add more. It’s like the words just came to me. I didn’t have to think, I just felt the music and opened my mouth. Roge and I loved it immediately and knew “You’re the Only One” was going to be my first single.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


As of now, I am focusing on releasing more music, but it is definitely something I see in the future.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I write all of my own material, and I am extremely versatile.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lately, I have been listening to Melii, Alicia keys, DRAMA, and Maggie Rogers.


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest influences are Michael Jackson, Adele, Sia, Alicia Keyes, Jill Scott, Lauryn Hill, Jhené Aiko, and SZA.


Tell us about your passions


Right now most of my focus is going into my music, but I am also an actress and a model. I  am always open to opportunities and am using my music as a gateway tool to explore all of my passions.


What else is happening next in your world?


In 2020 I plan to release more music while continuing to polish my craft as I continue my studies in college. (Belmont University)


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Jamia


 


 


Connect with Jamia


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jamiahames/?eid=ARAnr8SNapLeOJtixNAt9Ix9vzchEYZaBnCH_lMIlKqUR0j1zm1vVcNHsd4XwdV0TBsi0ppK3f4caI3eInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamiahames/Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3LFiUXPreGVuUEGgTkw_XA




Genres: R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts