My new single “Stay True”

My new single “Stay True”

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Beryl Gore I am a 27 year old singer songwriter. My song writing started as a kid, short after I got my first guitar. In 2018 I decided to make my way to Los Angeles to follow my dreams.

I produce and engineer all my own material.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is a single I wrote in 2019 “Stay True”.

I have been working on a full album and I liked this track to much to wait until the release.

The music video was filmed in one of my favorite places Oahu, Hawaii.



What inspired you to write this release?


I have always been inspired by reggae music. So releasing this track was me going back to my true sound. Since I was young reggae had always made me feel happy and positive. Reggae has always been my biggest influence along with R&B.


Describe the writing and recording process


Writing this song came very fast. That’s how you always know as an artist when you’re on to something. All the sudden lyrics come spitting out as you try to write them down as quickly as possible. If only the recording process was that easy. When I start recording I put as much time that the track needs into it. Then just when you think it’s done give it some space and come back to it. The extra time into a recording is always heard later on.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


I don’t have any tours or shows yet that are set in stone. My main focus right now has been getting this album done and sounding great. After I get a solid release date I will start looking into a west coast tour.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Self-promoting is a huge part of being an indie artist. You have to run it similar to a business. But as long as you keep making good music it will stand out on its own. Find your own sound, you don’t have to sound like everyone else.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to so much music that’s a hard question. I love me some oldies Bobby Womack, Teddy Pendergrass, Stevie Wonder, Isley Brothers, Marvin Gaye.


 


Who are your biggest influences?


Marvin Gaye


Ron Isley


Beatles


Bob Marley


Peter Tosh


Tell us about your passions


My biggest passion is writing music. I love to see someone moved by a song or a performance of mine. There is nothing like that feeling and I chase it. I am also very passionate about nature. It’s great to have that little escape sometimes.


 


What else is happening next in your world?


I have been working for Daniel Lanois. One of the greatest producers of all time in my opinion. I have learned so much about recording and engineering from him. I have also been working on my first full album. I am really excited about this album. I can’t wait to release it.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Beryl Gore


 


 


Connect with Beryl Gore


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kenny.gore.77Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1bwue1k0u1vz0&utm_content=3ar7ogfYoutube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9WyfOyL1Kk




Genres: Reggae

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts