Michael Mulholland

Michael Mulholland

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’m an award Winning Vocalist Singer-Songwriter Film Composer Musician. I’m published and have released several albums in the rock, metal, country, and singer-songwriter genres. My country album titled True Country sold independently over a half million copies worldwide as well as a few hundred thousand albums worldwide with my old band Medicine Wheel. I’ve also written recorded performed produced and published my music in over 300 plus films & tv shows including winning Gold Best Score in Film at Sundance Film Festival for the film titled Reflections starring an all-star cast. Furthermore, I’ve gained a lot of recognition for my performance on Motley Crue’s Hit Song Shout at the Devil which I performed for Sony Music, Sony PlayStation Game Guitar Hero II Red Octane including repurposed for Line 6 Guitar Port. A great honor in all and very humble from my life’s blessings throughout my career.


Talk to us more about your latest release


Currently, I’m working on a new album that is taking a huge step back in time. It’s completely against the grain of today’s music but it’s something I’ve dreamt of my whole life. It’s a raw flat out rock n roll album. Fun party rock in the likes of Bad Company The Baby’s Foreigner AC/DC etc. just simple raw guitars and drums and rocking vocals. I’m talking four decades in reverse and I’m doing it whether it sells big or small or null in all. Rock is life’s music. It’s fun it’s healing its experience it’s happy times shared through music just like we have experienced over the last four decades of rock music.


http://www.michaelmulholland.com


What inspired you to write this release?


Years and years of making music and changing with the times keeping up with new styles new sounds tones songwriting evolution productions a lot of things. But this is the one thing I never did so I must do it. And I’m doing it out of the sheer joy of making music.


Describe the writing and recording process


The writing and recording process is like any other. The only thing different is that it’s not different at all, it’s already been done, and seemingly lost and forgotten and I want to bring it back. A raw roll album. No huge production. Simple  as simple can get. Like the old days of rock music. One trying I’m trying to do is keep it all analogue sounding through digital means.


http://youtube.com/mulhollandmusic


Any plans to hit the road?


That’s an open-end question. Absolutely open to it as there’s nothing greater than performing live but as it stands first things first, complete writing recording producing mixing mastering marketing strategy and all the PR reinforcements I can get.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I’ve always been me, just being me has always worked so I’ll stick with that.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I don’t listen to any music. My goodness, I couldn’t tell you who is who. I haven’t listened to music in wow 25 years or so.


Who are your biggest influences?


Too many to mention but the ones that stand out for me are Paul Rogers John Waite Lou Graham Robert Plant Dio Graham Bonnet Sammy Hagar and way too many musicians to mention. I don’t sound like anyone of my influences but they’ve played a role in my life in the makeup and molding of myself as a vocalist performer musician


Tell us about your passions


My passions? Life! My Children My Grandchildren the earth and all her beautiful elements gods creations all that is life in its purest form down to the common gravel. Mountains Oceans Lakes forest outdoors fishing hiking climbing rappelling para jumping diving shooting range movies but the most are family


What else is happening next in your world?


Each day I wake is something new and exciting it’s never an uneventful day for me not in my life. It’s always beautiful and blessed


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Red Kitty / Michael Mulholland


 


 


Connect with Red Kitty / Michael Mulholland


Website: http://michaelmulholland.comFacebook: http://facebook.com/michaelmulhollandInstagram: http://instagram.com/therealmichaelmulhollandYoutube: http://youtube.com/mulhollandmusicLinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/michaelmulhollandReverbnation: http://reverbnation.com/michaelmulholland




Genres: Rock

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts