Make It Different Music, A Positive Path

Make It Different Music, A Positive Path

Tell us about yourself and your music


I go by the stage name Bob Lyte. I have been doing music for 15 years and represent clean uplifting positive rap that gives the youth hope and opportunity instead of today’s rap culture leading them down a path of addiction, struggle, and false hopes. I represent a brand called “The Make It Different Movement” which gets out there and shows people that it is okay to change, it is okay to be different and most importantly it is okay to make yourself better each and every day. As far as my style of music I have been compared to Bone Thugs -N- Harmony mixed with a little T.I and southern sound. But it is all original and all curse free. I can twist the tongue with a fast style or slow it down and tell a story with my words. God has given me talent but also 4 kids and a wife which put my career on hold for a couple of years but now getting back flowing with a new album this year.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest album Through It All was released under Tate Music Group back in 2012 but there were label conflicts and creative differences so I have not put out anything new except my latest single “Where I’m From” under the name The Outspoken Introvert. Why under that name and not as Bob Lyte?? Well, I wanted to feel the come up again without people knowing it was from me, I wanted to feel the hustle the drive I guess? Because people know me and respect my music so I guess I just wanted to see if I still have it? But I do have a full album dropping later this year, I am shooting for the fourth quarter of the year so probably right around October/November area. Title TBD



What inspired you to write this release?


What inspired me is just the love and passion I have for today’s youth. Today’s kids are tomorrow’s leaders. There are so many negative influences all around including and especially in the rap game, i just feel like they need to hear the other side of the story. I once was a troubled kid and was in and out of trouble but I wish that I had someone to tell me to look ” you can be cool by NOT doing what everyone else is”


Describe the writing and recording process


I write almost every day whether it is poetry, songs or just my thoughts and once I really feel that I have a message that needs to be heard I head to Nexus Sound Studio here in Warren and record in a professional studio and leave my heart and soul in the booth. I usually purchase a block of 4 hours to record as many tracks as I can in that time frame which costs about 160 dollars. After the album is finished then we will move on to the mixing and mastering process which can take more time than actually recording the songs. I have a tub full of unused songs I have written and recorded that just don’t make the cut. I am a perfectionist!


https://www.youtube.com/user/BobLyte21


Any plans to hit the road?


I am hopefully going to start a tour in the summer but no official plans as of yet.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I do not try to stand out I just put my music out there and hope that if someone needs to hear it then they do and it helps them through whatever they may be going through. I am in it to help people more than to become a famous name.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to a lot of underground and old school rap like Jelly Roll, Rittz, MGK, Yelawolf, Hopsin, Bone Thugs -N- Harmony, Outkast, Luda, and T.I


Who are your biggest influences?


Bone Thugs -N- Harmony was by far my biggest influence they were my idols, I also was influenced by T.I and the whole Atlanta down south scene


Tell us about your passions


My passion first and foremost is spending time with my Wife and Kids. I love writing and helping out in the community and in my church. I also love playing Basketball!


What else is happening next in your world?


Hopefully finishing up this album by November and hitting the road to promote!


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Bob Lyte


 


 


Connect with Bob Lyte


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BobLyte21/Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/boblyte21Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BobLyte21Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/Boblyte?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts