A New Refreshing Artist: Keo

A New Refreshing Artist: Keo

Tell us about yourself and your music


Hello, my name is Keo I’m a North American music artist from Queens, NY with over 150K streams. Across all platforms such as Spotify, SoundCloud, Apple Music, and more. My talents consist of being a Songwriter, Rapper, and Singer. I eventually want to learn the production side of things. To truly understand what these producers, and engineers go through on a daily basis.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release came out on January 7th, it’s called “Karma”. This song is about starting the new decade with a vengeance. Sending a message to all the bad energies I’ve encountered. Not only will karma get you, but my success will also make it worse for them.



What inspired you to write this release?


As I said previously this song is about vengeance, more so then using the term revenge. It’s about like all the women in my past life. Also, the song is about relationships, potential relationships, and friendships. You know? People I truly called my friend and thought they had my back. But I’m grateful for those experiences, it made me stronger mentally. Gave me insight into how people can be and got me more prepared for the real world.


Describe the writing and recording process


The writing process is easy in this case. I already had my verse and hook done before even walking in the studio. Now the recording process is where things take more time. Me as an artist I love to take my time, and experimenting. You can’t be afraid to try new things out at some point. It’s way more fun, and the song was very fun to record as well. It takes time to mix, and master but trust the process. Never cut yourself short and you’re crafty.


Any plans to release a video?



Any plans to hit the road?


The road..that’s all I think about. I’ve performed twice and the second time, I got the whole crowd hype by the 3rd song off my set. It was great, but actually hitting the road? I wanna travel, tour, perform and entertain. All over the world, no state or country untouched, my goal is to be a real role model. Change the world for the better, really just make a difference every day.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


As an independent artist, I brand myself by reaching out to people every day. Either it can be Instagram, Twitter, SoundCloud, or Emails. It doesn’t really matter where you find people to interact with. If they are willing to have a conversation take advantage of it. That’s the thing about me that distinguishes myself from so many artists. I have good intentions, I’m humble, and let my music speak for me. I have a different aura and refreshing type of energy. That makes you feel good like a fresh breathe of air.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lately, I’ve been listening to Kendrick Lamar, Maroon 5, Gab3, Trippie Redd, Kayne West. Shoot the list goes on honestly, I have so many influences going from the late ’80s. All the way to the 2000s, it’s hard for me not to be versatile. I love almost every type of music doesn’t matter what genre.


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest influences ever are J.Cole, Drake, Kayne West, Kendrick Lamar, Juice WRLD. Also Michael Jackson, Odd Future, Cassidy, A$AP Rocky, XXXTENTACION, Young Thug. Even Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Alica Keys, Kid Cudi, and Lil Wayne gave me influence. I needed to mention all those people, they’ve helped me create my pop sound. My rapping abilities, storytelling, and consciousness. My biggest one was singing, which I wasn’t into at first.


Tell us about your passions


My passion is the music I live for this. Not the money, and fame that all comes after. I worry about the music more than ever because my goal is a long nurturing career. It’s all about longevity for me, and most importantly changing the world for better. Being a role model to millions of people in any way shape or form.


What else is happening next in your world?


Right now I’m just focusing on calculating and networking. Just like this interview, which I am very grateful for. That’s what I’m doing, for now, getting ready for the next step. Going onto the next level, and working with people who have more prestige.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Keo


 


 


Connect with Keo


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nativekeo/Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/NativeKeooYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAQqtOK0_gLzsV-xu2QbtHgSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/nativekeo




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts