Hate the Game, Not Playaa

Hate the Game, Not Playaa

Tell us about yourself and your music


TRICITO is an independent artist from Fort Wayne Indiana who is signed to his own label Loyalty Is Famous. My music is authentic. It’s real. I don’t go for the gimmicks. I want to touch as many people as possible with my music. I can really spit bars for the hip hop heads and I can also do something groovy for the players and pimps. If I haven’t experienced it or the feeling, I don’t like to write about it.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is called Diffident. It’s a single produced by my in-house producer Makwolf. We’ve been making songs together for a really long time. Diffident is a song I made to get myself out of a funk when I was in a bad mental space. The way the song goes throughout and the hook, it’s relatable to anyone who ever doubted themselves at a point, but at the end of the day, you can do anything by yourself if you work hard enough and believe in yourself.



What inspired you to write this release?


At this time I had the beat but I just couldn’t write anything.  I’m so hard on myself to the point where if I don’t think it’s good I’ll erase everything I write and start over.   I just needed something to feel better, to make me feel like I was on top again.  I realized at the end of the day, if I want to be successful I have myself to get there.  Only I can get there (the top) if I really want it and work for it.


Describe the writing and recording process


The writing process started after I actually got into a small accident in my sister’s car.  That’s where the first line actually comes from “falling off track, I fell asleep at the wheel.”  I literally fell asleep for a few seconds and hit another car.  I was feeling so bad and I already felt I couldn’t write to the beat because nothing was sticking.  That’s where the idea came into place.. the song won’t get done unless I do it.  All I have is myself; no one can be TRICITO other than me.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


I want to travel and perform as many places as possible.  Any state or city that will have me.  I want people to see that if someone from Fort Wayne Indiana can make it and follow his dreams, they can do the same.  I wanna spread this player message across the world.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I brand myself with my label Loyalty Is Famous.  Our slogan is “I made it so you made”, which basically says it all right there.  The loyalty is going to make us famous not the smoke and mirrors.  If I make it or anyone in my crew makes it, we make it as a whole.  I think that’s what the game is missing and that’s the biggest part of my brand: loyalty.  I also wear velvet drags a lot on stage when I perform or in videos as well just to stand out.  Whenever you see me I usually keep a durag on, I’m very careful of protecting my head and hair.  Also, the biggest thing, I call myself Playaa.  That’s the standout I think that makes me different.  I played saxophone in the band, was in marching, played golf so people wonder how I’m so cool and you can be cool just being yourself.  I’m the nerd that’s cool with everyone who grew into a player, and not just with girls.. being player means taking care of business.  You make straight As?  That’s player.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I have been listening to artists who a few may know but some might, I love listening to independent people and seeing them shine.  Right now I can say Larry June, Boldy James, Jay Worthy, Roc Marciano, DOM KENNEDY, Mach-Hommy, Griselda, Flee Lord, Curren$y.  Don’t get me wrong I like the majors too Kendrick, Drake, Jay.. but I love watching the ‘underdogs’ man.. it’s so many I could name for real..Mick Jenkins, he spazzes.


Who are your biggest influences?


I would have to say my biggest influences in the game who made me at least want to start rapping.. was KanYe West for sure.  Late Registration when he said “said she want diamonds I took her to Ruby Tuesday’s” I wanted to be a cool witty rapper to make people laugh.  Lupe Fiasco album The Cool really I think set my style together.  After I heard that album I knew that few wouldn’t rock with me and how I would want to be this lyrical phenomenon, but I loved what he did. Lil Wayne and 50 Cent were influences too man, I just loved what Wayne did punchline, bar for bar on everyone’s beats, and 50 had hits like it was just automatic for him.  I’ll Whip Ya Head Boy is still one of my favorite rap songs.  So Fresh So Clean was the first song to get me into hip hop.


Tell us about your passions


I just love to rap man, like I just love to tell my story and put words together.  I’m so hard on myself because I’m always trying to up and beat my last projects so I always want my pen game to stay sharp.  I love to read books I know that’s crazy but man anything I can use in rap music or real life, a book a can inspire me sometimes to write some great material!  I like having general conversations getting to know new people too – but I am a real loner.  I’m always trying to learn something new and then pass it on to the homies for sure.  I’m the video games too sometimes man.  Y’all gotta add me on PS4 and the Switch one day.


What else is happening next in your world?


Next in my world is I’m dropping a new project soon with my friend Scoob Stacks who is producing the whole thing.  We’ve done tracks before (‘Confabulation’, ‘Still Playaa’) so it’s going to be a nice project.  I don’t want to give too much of it away, but I may drop a single soon.. just know, here come the bad guys.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, TRICITO


 


 


Connect with TRICITO


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Tricito-289395261969363/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/godfavoritemusician/Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/tricito_Youtube: https://youtube.com/tricitotvSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/tricito




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts