Andy Meeus

Andy Meeus

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Meeus Andy and I have been playing drums and acoustic guitar for almost a decade by now. I do this in my free time and have played at a couple of bands as a drummer, but also as a guitarist / singer. Nowadays I am mostly busy with writing lyrics. I have a couple of songs finished and a few of them have I played myself. They are also already composed of guitar. I also play covers on acoustic guitar.


Talk to us more about your latest release


I have no songs officially released or recorded yet, I do have a couple of drum videos on my YouTube channel as also a video of myself playing a cover on acoustic guitar.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3O24H4vYMceWORXBieRM1A


What inspired you to write this release?


I write stories in my free time for the past six years and I have been writing songs quite a bit longer. What inspires me to write these texts comes with the flow. My surroundings and also my mood is a huge part of the writing cycle for these texts.


Describe the writing and recording process


Mostly it starts with a great line or sentence in my mind. That one I write down on paper and take my guitar with me. I start jamming and if I find the ideal sound pattern for the song I have in mind, the words for the rest of the song come fluently. When the text is finished I play the song a couple of times and also play it for a small public to see what they think about it before I consider the song finished.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3O24H4vYMceWORXBieRM1A


Any plans to hit the road?


It is my dream to become a full-time lyricist. I also have the idea of doing something with my music on cruises, but I have a huge stage fright which is why I have been focusing more on the work that is done backstage.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to lots of music genres and I also listen to music periodically. In the last couple of months, I have been listening to a lot of peaceful music, like classical and piano music. I also love older music, classic rock and metal. Listening to a genre is depending on the mood I have.


Who are your biggest influences?


In the part of writing and composing music, I have no famous singers or artists who influence me. In general, my biggest influences are Sam Carter of architects and Winston McCall of parkway drive.


Tell us about your passions


I have a passion for writing, music, boats, traveling and romantic stories.


What else is happening next in your world?


Besides writing and music, the things I love my friends and family the most. They have the number one spot in my heart.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Andy Meeus


 


 


Connect with Andy Meeus


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andy.meeusInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/_eindy_/Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3O24H4vYMceWORXBieRM1ALinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andy-meeus-b99b77145




Genres: singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts