Inside ScottytheOddity's Mind

Inside ScottytheOddity's Mind

Tell us about yourself and your music


I was raised in St. Louis, Missouri. That’s the place where I learned to rap. I met two people that taught me how to freestyle & after about a year, I thought to myself, “I should just write this down!” & so I did. Drugs were always around me even at the age of 14 so of course, I followed myself into that group. My music helps me get my emotions somewhere because I’m very reclusive & I often find myself hiding feelings. I want to make all different kinds of music & break the habit of labeling music into a specific genre.


Talk to us more about your latest release


Well, “Wake Up” & “I Fuckin’ Hate LA” are the two tracks I recommend checking out. Wake Up is just about one of those where you wake up & you just wish you didn’t sometimes. Along with a little heartbreak, including a great feature from one of my friends. I Fuckin Hate LA is just about revenge, heartbreak, & just what was on my mind at that time. It was the first song I ever put out & honestly, it’ll be one of my best.



What inspired you to write this release?


I just have those days where I don’t even want to get out of bed. We all have them. I have them often, I just wrote about the things that make me not even want to wake up, & why I feel the way I do. The beat just spoke to me.


Describe the writing and recording process


First, I ALWAYS find the beat. I have to have the music first so it can inspire me & set the tone/mood. It’ll normally take hours before I even find one I like.


 


Second, once I find an instrumental I like, I take the time & listen to it over & over for at least 1-8 hours until I have the song finished. I’ll repeat the lyrics to myself constantly until I’m completely finished with it.


 


Next, I go into my studio set up. Using FL Studios & all my dope plugins. I just taught myself how to mix my music myself. But I’ll just find harmonies & ways I like to so sing. I love to layer my vocals, that’s how I definitely get my best sound. It’ll take about a full day mostly to write and record a song or two. Actually mixing & mastering the music is where it gets tricky, that’ll be a whole different day for sure.


Lastly, I’ll finally put it out onto platforms depending on the rights of the music & then I wait for the feedback!


Any plans to release a video?



Any plans to hit the road?


The dream is to make it to the road with my music. I haven’t made it quite there yet, but I would love to make music & just travel the world. That’s what inspires me to keep going.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I just sing or rap about whatever’s on my mind. I’ve always felt different, maybe that’s why some people find my music so amazing to them. I get messages all the time about how people love it & want more & more of it. & messages every day about how they know music can be my life. I just started actually publishing music. I learned how to record in a month then put out a song & it got a lot of views way faster than I thought. My personality & sound speaks for itself I guess.


Who have you been listening to lately?


DUCKWRTH, Mac Miller, old school Wiz Khalifa, & Lofi Hip-Hop instrumentals you relax me.


Who are your biggest influences?


Tech N9ne is definitely a big influence along with Lil Peep & xxxtentacion. All of them had a different sound nobody else had & they found a way to make it happen.


Tell us about your passions


My passions are to travel across the world & get out of a different country & perform music to those people. To make a difference in this world & help people with music. & show people that it’s okay to be yourself.


What else is happening next in your world?


Hopefully find a living situation so I can put out more music & do everything I’ve said above. I just need a room to myself with my recording gear & some instrumentals. I just haven’t had that space to do it. But I’m working on it & I keep my head up.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, ScottytheOddity


 


 


Connect with ScottytheOddity


Website: https://linktr.ee/ScottytheOddityInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/scottytheoddity/?hl=enSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/scottytheoddity




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts