Cashjunky - Live & Die Rich

Cashjunky - Live & Die Rich

Tell us about yourself and your music


I am Cashjunky Baby. Music artist from Troy, AL now residing in Atlanta. The Cashjunky Campaign began in 2012 when a close friend “Luh Cobi” was killed. I use my music and my campaign now to keep his name and his legacy alive. I want to give my city some “hope” by making it in music because nobody makes it in anything where I come from.


Talk to us more about your latest release


On Friday, January 17th, I will be making my first release this year, called “19 Summers. This project falls just before my birthday, “January 19th”. The project remembers Luh Cobi who was killed in his 19th summer. It gives insight into what I am currently going through from my Lil brother being incarcerated or myself tryna make my dreams a reality so I can provide for my family.



What inspired you to write this release?


My soul inspires what I write. How I’m feeling, what I’m experiencing, my family, my friends, things I see just living life. I want my music to be real-life and relatable. I want my music to be able to help people get through hard times. I want my music to be a release of bad feelings and a dose of good vibes.


Describe the writing and recording process


I write 50% of the time and I “punch in” the other 50%. I write in order to capture deep emotions. It gives me an opportunity to dive deeper into the song emotionally as well as lyrically. I punch in so I can create a genuine and “current” vibe.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


Yes, I plan on diving into the South GA / Northern Florida market in the first quarter of 2020.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I show my work ethic. I make sure my content is A1 and I make sure that it is consistent. I do a lot of shows and general networking. I do have digital marketing campaigns to reach different audiences depending on what analytics is telling me. Its hard to be seen by the masses with a limited marketing budget, but good music can and will make up for all.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Roddy Ricch. YFN Lucci. Rich Homie Quan’s latest project is dope. Gunna. Migos. Nipsey Hussle. I’ll listen to many artists tho, I love music. I love to study music and melodies and delivery, so I listen to a lot of people.


Who are your biggest influences?


Lil Wayne, The GOAT in my eyes.


UGK definitely. I’m a heavy Pimp C fan. Long Live The Pimp.


Tell us about your passions


Music in general. Creating music to help progress through their frustrations is what drives me, daily. Creating music so I can provide for my family drives me daily.


What else is happening next in your world?


New music “19 Summers” is about to release on January 17th. I will be doing shows, interviews and other PR leading up to the release.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Cashjunky Baby


 


 


Connect with Cashjunky Baby


Website: https://www.cashjunkybaby.comFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/cashjunkybaby/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cashjunky_babyTwitter: https://www.twitter.com/cashjunky_babySoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/cashjunky




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts