About Kp

About Kp

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’m Kp Malone born in Brooklyn New York raised in Allentown Pennsylvania and Orlando Florida. I make music cause it helps me mentally and I make music to help other people who have gone through the same relate to me and never give up.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My new album is named Ep Everything’s Perception I’ve released alotta singles off of it it’s coming out later this year pretty much this is a story of my life and what I went through my teens to mid 20s. From the broken home I came from to the gang banging to homelessness and how I overcame my struggle and the streets and poverty.



What inspired you to write this release?


My life , my haters , my heart break , my triumphs , my lows , my highs . My struggle my ambition my drive and last but not least my good friend who committed suicide.


Describe the writing and recording process


I use my anger my depression my hate and my love and listen to beats until one speaks to me. When that instrumental speaks to me and fits my mood then I pour my heart out and let the lord do his thing and guide my hands.



Any plans to hit the road?


I would love to ! Just looking for the right people to contact me and stop selling me dreams.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My music is real ! It’s reality rap it’s my reality my life my past my present me !


Who have you been listening to lately?


I’ve been listening to a lot of King Iso , Joyner lucas , Redro Killson , Tech N9ne


Who are your biggest influences?


Tech N9ne , Eminem , Tupac , King Iso , Krazie Bone , Jeru The Damaja ,


Tell us about your passions


I want to help people a lot of rappers are promoting drugs and partying and ignoring what it does to our mental health. There is still a war in the streets there is still a war with depression there’s still a war with addiction and I want to tell the story for everybody who’s not heard I want to help people heal and make it up out of poverty or depression or anything that oppresses us!


What else is happening next in your world?


Well soon as my financial situation gets better I plan on starting a clothing line affordable for the youth. For a good cause. Also I got a mixtape and another album I’m almost done writing . I wanna continue to give everybody something to look up to and to stay woke.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Kp Malone


 


 


Connect with Kp Malone


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/therealkpmaloneInstagram: http://www.instagram.com/itskpmaloneTwitter: http://www.twitter.com/itskpmaloneSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/kpmaloneReverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/artist/1415859




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts