A Peak Into Major Paradigm

A Peak Into Major Paradigm

Tell us about yourself and your music


I grew up always feeling the urge to tap along with any song that came on the radio, to the point of driving my family mad. My father played a little guitar but he wasn’t really in the picture. We lived on a big farm out in the middle of nowhere, which means we didn’t have to worry about neighbors, so for Christmas one year I got a small drum set and practiced that like crazy. After I knew I could put in the work to learn an instrument I moved onto guitar, bass, piano, and then my voice.


Talk to us more about your latest release


The latest album I’ve put out is called “All That Glitters”. I put it out under the name of my band, Major Paradigm; but the thing is, I recorded it all before I even formed the band, so some of the songs have evolved into something new when we play them live, which I am actually liking so far. A lot of the album is really mellow and laid back, and not too much heavy production went in to it, I feel like you can feel that when you listen, and I wanted that record to be a easy to listen to, not very aggressive album, because if all goes to plan, the record we are recording right now will be the polar opposite of “All That Glitters”.


https://music.apple.com/us/album/all-that-glitters/1456338896


What inspired you to write this release?


I was getting over the grief stage of a breakup from a two year relationship. I was looking back through memories and decided that there was so much more to do than being sad or bashing out. The best times in life are still on the road ahead, and I think I was looking for something good in everything, hence the title.


Describe the writing and recording process


I had not formed the rest of the band yet, so I did it all on my own, anytime I could get the chance. I keep my drum set at home, and I pretty much didn’t move it from it’s room the whole time I recorded. Bass and piano I did at Zach Willis’s house, which is ironic because now he is also in the band! I did guitar and vocals at my studio, and played around with some experimental tones for both instruments on this album.


Any plans to release a video?


http://www.spotify.com/majorpardigm


Any plans to hit the road?


This summer we are definitely doing some parts of the east coast but are trying to move farther inland. The beach is nice, but my heart is in the mountains. I keep telling myself next time I’m on the road I’m taking my dog, but you wouldn’t believe how much a husky sheds; no beuno for all black equipment!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I always go with my gut decisions on mostly everything. Only I think like myself totally, and I think the decisions based on impulse are what really separates a lot of musicians from one another. We all have a unique approach to how we play our music, and I think the same is true for how we market or brand our music. Are we all being seen the way that we want to be seen, or are people seeing something we aren’t ? You have to account for that sort of thing too, and can’t be upset when others don’t see you how you want to be seen, you just have to work harder to be seen the way you want.


Who have you been listening to lately?


My girlfriend recently introduced me to Rayland Baxter, and I will be forever grateful. He’s very original and the melodies in that mans head are out of this world good. I also have been digging through the histories of different genres. Today’s is country music, so I’ll probably spin some Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, or Johnny Cash. I’m trying to be as educated on every genre as I can be!


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest inspiration as an artist would have to be Jack White. Whether it’s The White Stripes, his personal stuff, The Dead Weather, or The Raconteurs, I love pretty much all of it give it take just a few things. I’ve also really been digging the return of My Chemical Romance, and think it’s awesome a new generation might get to see them live. Last time they toured I was too young to go. Led Zeppelin will probably always be an inspiration for me no matter where I take my music in. Led Zeppelin IV is what inspired me to play guitar and sing. Great album, great band. The list goes on and on but when you get right down to it, I’m inspired partially by every artist I hear, even if it’s “oh, I DONT want to do that”!


Tell us about your passions


I have my dog, Spade, who is a Siberian husky. He’s my best buddy. I’m also in the healthiest relationship I’ve ever experienced right now, and I’ve loved getting to know and be loved by my girlfriend and her family. Here recently, I’ve also been playing some video games with my buddies after they get off work, and I’m not very good (I never played many video games growing up) but it’s almost hilarious and it’s a lot of fun.


What else is happening next in your world?


We are recording a new album these next few weeks and it’s taken a pretty heavy precedence but there’s still time to do other things she needed. Playing a show or two here and there. I’m really really looking forward to going out and grabbing the best of what the 2020’s have to offer!


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Major Paradigm


 


 


Connect with Major Paradigm


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/majorparadigmInstagram: http://www.instagram.com/major_paradigmTwitter: http://www.twitter.com/majorparadigmYoutube: http://www.youtube.com/majorpardigm




Genres: Rock

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts