A little about Savage, small town Tennessee Rapper

A little about Savage, small town Tennessee Rapper

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’m a female rapper from Hickman, TN who goes by Savage. It’s a small town, but they show my music so much, love. I’ve always had this connection to music. My music is about my life and how I’m feeling at the time. I plan to exceed my limits all 2020.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is called “No Face No Case” which features my girlfriend, hoezluvpink. It’s a promiscuous vibe that instantly gets stuck in your head. It’s one of my favorite songs, and definitely a good one for your bedroom playlist.



What inspired you to write this release?


When I was attending college at MTSU, I used to always write in class. Sometimes melodies just popped in my head, and I tried to find the words to fit. I didn’t sit down and try to write the song; it just came to me.


Describe the writing and recording process


I’m sitting in the room with my girlfriend just rapping verses to beats. She stops me, starts scrolling through her laptop, and plays a specific beat for me to rap on; it was perfect. It took her no time to record us, mix the track, and post. She even shot & edited the video in my bedroom.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


For right now, I’m trying to build my portfolio. When I get some more content and a big fan base, you will see Savage!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I try not to compare myself to another artist; to me, I’m different. I know you probably hear an artist say that all the time, but I’m not a statistic. I try my hardest to push my music, I have a little fan base back home, and the rest; well I just wait for, and keep working on the next.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I have been hip-hop, Rap,& RnB Vibe. I usually am bumping Summer Walker, Shordie Shordie, NLE Choppa, Doja Cat, Gates, NBA YoungBoy. The list really could go on, but lately, I’ve been listening to my unreleased music.


Who are your biggest influences?


I honestly never thought about it. If I hear something that interesting me then I support it. I feel like anybody can be an influence, but I had a lot of people I didn’t want to be like. I’m not saying there aren’t any influential people out there. I Just stay to myself a lot.


Tell us about your passions


 I’ve always had a passion for music, but that’s obvious. I love art in general. I look at myself as art whether it be taking pictures, having my picture taking, or painting. There’s something magic about it, and it’s a relief from my troubles.


What else is happening next in your world?


I’m working on music harder than ever. I’m praying 2020 is my year, and I can just feel it.  I got my girl and my family behind me. I’m so proud of the person I’m becoming, and all I’ve overcome from 2019. What I think is happening next in my life is exactly what I’m going to need.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Savage


 


 


Connect with Savage


Website: https://linktr.ee/_yung.savag3_Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taurusc2Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_yung.savag3_Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/taurus_jerrineYoutube: https://youtu.be/JOxrCuv5YfYSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ueenaurus




Genres: Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts