No Name N & 3 Verze Newz

No Name N & 3 Verze Newz

Tell us about yourself and your music


I grew up in Indianapolis, IN under the watchful eye of a single mother and maternal grandparents, originally from Gloster, MS.


Growing up, all genres of music influenced my everyday good & bad(s). Sports became my passion as I grew and became a foundation for future opportunities and survival. In my senior year of high school, I was lucky to earn a football scholarship to Ball State University(Muncie, IN).


Poetry became my outlet later in life. As an Aries, finding a way to settle my thoughts and wisdom was important. My closest friend introduces me to a music recording infrastructure. This leads me to you.


I created my music platform and artist name, after moving to Albuquerque, NM. I humbly present to you: “3 Verze Newz” by No Name N.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My new double LP “Revelationz” has 24 tracks and is inspired by life lessons, family, pain, loss and my creative reaction or book report of the world I’ve come to know.


All tracks were written by myself along with feature verses by 4 other artists. Having a limited budget, 21 of tracks were recorded by myself in a closet/garage typesetting. My recording station of choice was the – MRS-8 Zoom.


After numerous years in the vault, being laughed at by an A&R from -Shady Records and uncertainty how people would react to my music, I sent a recent mixtape track to – Bentley Records – out of New York City and inked a Marketing & Distribution deal. I’m excited to be a part of a great label for this segment of my music platform and I have Bentley Records to thank for my first official and double LP release “Revelationz”.


https://play.google.com/music/m/Bocxw7luktgjrj3sztqd2xlckhy?t=Revelationz_-_No_Name_N


Describe the writing and recording process


All my songs are written on legal pads from scratch to finish. I take my time and invoke patience when writing all my songs, for I feel the creative process can never be rushed. Reinventing myself on all music projects is important to me, so that I’m able to create my own lane and can be viewed by fans as an artist that’s different and has the ability to blend with all genres of music.


I  have the ability to record music in any type atmosphere and prefer it to be organized, professional, fun yet serious and focused from start to finish.  Depending on the project, I prefer to work as the lone artist in the studio, so that I complete the project without outside interference from roadies or artist who prefer to party vs work.


If you’ve the ability to create something special, it’s important to command respect and the room so that all parties involved respect your vision and work ethic.


Any plans to hit the road?


Touring is not a part of my music vision vs creating music that reaches fans who listen and think thru my songs so that I reach and touch an intellectual side of them.


Within my platform, I find life to be serious and fun but I prefer to reach fans on a serious level so they understand what my vision means to me.


Culturally, I feel my people are under attack and leadership is necessary so that creative change or vision can help those who are lost or down become hopeful and positive again, so they rise above the negative energy that the world can produce while trying to survive.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I grew up reading newspapers, thanks to my grandparents.  News controls how the world feeds and reacts.  It would later become the essence of my music platform- “3 Verze Newz”.


I want to make creative music that has meaning and depth, that would allow people to feed and react to how I see the world and the pros/cons that come with living in this world.


I really don’t see new mainstream artist speaking truth to our reality, except for J Cole.  All our original mainstream artist like Ice-Cube, Chuck D, etc continue to speak on the truth and what’s affecting our world.


 


Who have you been listening to lately?


Currently, my favorite and the most influential artist in my life is J Cole. He’s created his own lane and his music is timeless, as the world has come to see him as a gift.


Outside of hip/rap, I currently have been studying, listening and creatively enjoying all classic rock music/artist.  I feel my music has a connection to this artist while respecting and maintaining a platform of Hip-Hop.  Keeping a respectful open mind about all genres and artist can only help you grow as an artist.


Who are your biggest influences?


My best friend has remained my biggest influence as he introduced me to a music recording platform and writing.  I took my poetry skills and his influence and never looked back.


My mainstream top 4 artists, in no particular order, are 2pac, Ice-Cube, Scarface, and Eminem.  They’ve been the soul of my creative thought process over the years, before finding my voice.


Within this same music realm, Chuck-D, Redman, Method Man and DJ Quick have a heavy influence on my creative process.


Tell us about your passions


Family, Survival, Leadership, Vision, Character, Creative Writing, Music and Tennis are my current passions.


All can be summarized in my favorite saying/quote:  “If I Have No Vision, Then Life Is Just Talk”


What else is happening next in your world?


Nothing overly major at this time.  Like most people, I work to pay bills and for my passions.


I’ve signed a recent contract extension with Bentley Records and look forward to releasing my second mixtape:  3 Verze Newz “New Edition” titled- Been Ready.


I will also be working on a new LP titled- “Izolation”.  Which will include a few tracks/beats from well-known industry producers, as well as some unknown producers, who I enjoy working with the most.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, No Name N


 


 


Connect with No Name N


Website: http://www.3verzenewz.comInstagram: http://@nonamen7Twitter: http://@nonamen777Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/no-name-nReverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/nonamen777




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts