Artist Interview: BAMIL

Artist Interview: BAMIL


Tell us about yourself and your music


I’m a Puerto Rican Award Winning Recording Artist, ASCAP Member, Singer-Songwriter, Music Producer, Music Arranger And 8 Times Akademia Music Award Winning Singer-Songwriter. I have collaborate and Produced another artists and songwriters from around the world like Joan Rathe, Ivette Sylvia Rodriguez, Raul Polanco, Francesca Gallucci, Carolina Ghigliazza, Julia Crystal, Jonathan Li, Linda Fry, Missy Guthrie, Cheryl Nye, Pete Tebar, Chris Georgiou and Chrissy D. I have on my Official Solo Discography the albums; Una Puerta Al Corazon (2008)

The Message (2010), Carta De Amor (2011), The Joy Of Life (2012), Sentimientos Encontrados (2013), B-Force (2014), Heart And Soul (2015), Haunted By Circles (2016), The Sound Of The Crow (2017). My songs have been played on Radio Stations like Belter Radio (UK), MassMedia Radio (France), Lonely Oak Radio (California), Radio Internacional Florida (Central Florida), Military Veterans Radio (USA and UK), Fame Radio Globetrotter Mix (South Africa), Q108 Kingston (Canada), MuseBoat Radio (Nevada), Jango Radio Airplay (USA). I have earned multiple awards on Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Rock with songs like ‘Smile’, ‘Where Were The Angels’, ‘Hipnoteyes’, ‘Stranger To Your Heart’ and ‘Praying For You’. Among my music influences are Maurice White, Todd Rundgren, David Foster, Daryl Hall And John Oates, ToTo, Journey, Robert John ‘Mutt Lange’, Christopher Cross, Foreigner, Boston and Eagles.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My new album was released on July 2nd, 2017 and is titled ‘The Sound Of The Crow’ (2017) which feature the lead off single ‘Gimme More’ now playing on Radio Stations and internet music venues. Also include 13 more original tracks like ‘Can’t Control Myself’, ‘Stronger Than The Storm’, ‘Don’t Blame The Spirits’, ‘Crying’, ‘Broken Hearts’, ‘What It Seems Like?’, ‘Reflections’, ‘188 or The Train’, ‘The Sound Of The Crow’, ‘Hard Working Man’, ‘The Meaning’, Emptyness’ and ‘Protocols’. All Written, Arranged and Produced by me.


 



 



What inspired you to write this release?


When i started to write the songs for my album ‘The Sound Of The Crow’ i believed that was going to be just another Pop Rock album like the ones i have my music followers stuck to it. I always been a music follower of Earth, Wind And Fire and Maurice White, but when i started to read the autobiography; ‘Maurice White: My Life With Earth Wind And Fire’; my music, my music career and my life as a musician changed completely. Discipline, hard work, efforts, leadership and everything that made a person better was there, on Mr. Maurice White own words. My music has always been worked under lots of intensiveness, but now things sound difference, better arrangements and better lyrics. It’s not change the sound of the music, but change the way of how to work it, Yes!. My music Bible was set with Maurice and from now on will be better, because i have learned things that make you be better. ‘The Sound Of The Crow’ is the new era on my music career. To the fans that always has followed my music, here’s the new sound. To all the Radio venues actuals and the ones that have gone off air, who have played my music during 10 years thanks so much. Here’s the new sound spreaded with the old sauce.

I dedicate this album to Maurice White.


Any plans to release a video?


Right now i’m concentrated in putting the lead off song on charts and promo and when the song is moving on I think we have made it.


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


We’ll see as the album is in progress. Also i’m dedicating some time on my Songwriting career and we’ll see.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I’m a complete professional, i’m an indie artist, but I promote my music work like a major. I really love to put together a complete album to promote it when the time it’s come I don’t like to promote songs as the way I record it them. I hate waste time on little by little promos. I’m very serous on my time and work. I really enjoy to write, recording and produced, but when it’s dealing with other fellow artists I want the most professional feedback from them too.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I’m always been an Earth Wind And Fire music fan and i’m very full into their material. Specially when on Maurice White is talk about.


Tell us about your passions


Life is my passion, but have to be fulfilled with music or everything else would naked.


What else is happening next in your world?


In music i’ll be producing a new studio project called ‘Elements 119’ which would be a funk, jazz project.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Bamil!


 


 


Connect with BAMIL


Website: http://ourstage.com/profile/Bamil

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FANSBAMIL

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bamilMusic

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsiXJKhr-c

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bamilmusic

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/Bamil




Genres: singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts