Artist Interview: STEPHANIE HIGGINS GARRETT

Artist Interview: STEPHANIE HIGGINS GARRETT

Tell us about yourself and your music


I started singing in my small Baptist church choir at an early age, in my hometown in Kentucky. I performed and traveled with Top 40, R & B and Jazz bands in Ohio and Chicago. I released my debut CD “Stephanie” in 2013. The track “Sunny Days” from the CD, climb to #2 on the Top 30 UK Soul Chart. I released my single “TRUST” in 2015. I am currently in the studio finishing up my new single “Back In Love”. My music is a variety of genre’s that has smooth vocals with jazzy undertones.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


I released my single “TRUST” in 2015. This track was written by me and Reginald K. Jones(aka Wizard), and produced by Wayne L. Barrett. The track is a soulful groove that’s about being able to trust in love again. “TRUST” is available on iTunes, and you can listen to tracks from my CD “Stephanie” on Sound Cloud.


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I wrote “TRUST”, because in order for us to move forward in a new relationship after being hurt in the past, we have to be able to give ourselves to that new relationship fully, and that simply means not bring baggage from the old into the new.


Any plans to release a video?


Yeah, there is always a plan. I hope it will be sometime soon. I have a live performance on YouTube of my song “I’ll Give It All Up For You”, from my CD “Stephanie”.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Hit me up! I’m ready!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Well, I like a variety of music and I want to have the creative ability to express myself using any genre of music to speak on any topic.


Who have you been listening to lately?


A lot of myself, because I’ve been in the studio. I love musicans and vocalist who are passionate about their craft and use their gifts to bring consciousness.


Tell us about your passions


God, my dogs & coffee! Mostly I’m passionate about creating something, it can be a project around the house like decorating.


What else is happening next in your world?


I just keep on creating! I’m trying to release all this music that I have written over the years, a single at a time. Stay tuned!


Thanks for an awesome interview, Stephanie!


 


 


Connect with STEPHANIE HIGGINS GARRETT


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/www.stephaniehigginsgarrettmusic


YouTube: https://you.be/muLS3PSEUqU

Soundcloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/stephaniehigginsgarrettr

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/q/6ujq0r




Genres: Gospel, Jazz, Pop, R&B, singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts